“Cheap and cozy”
Review of Catherine Hotel

Catherine Hotel
Ranked #3 of 15 Kos Town B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The shower space was a bit small but everything else was great.. Ask for the room number 35 (should be in the corner) on the second floor with the nice view over the beach.. Even the coast of Turkey is visible :)

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank irtsa

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed at Catherine Hotel for two nights in one of the renovated rooms and were very contented. The rooms are basic, but clean and equipped with free air conditioning, TV and fridge. The stuff is friendly and wifi is free. Good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Alpapone212
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed there for 3 days at the end of july and in a single room.Room was pretty small but considering i only used it for sleeping it was ok.There was AC and a small tv in the room.also a strange smell in the bathroom probably because the building was a little old.The owners are really friendly they even helped me rent a bike for 10 euros for 3 days.BREAKFAST IS VERY POOR.you will probably go out for breakfast if you want to start your day strong.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank gokche
Reviewed July 15, 2012

we booked into this hotel for 2 nights on a stop over from turkey. we just wanted a place to stay while we hired mopeds and travel and see Kos. we payed €45 ( total ) for 2 nights. it is just across from the port and near all the action. when we arrived we were given room A6. was kinda afraid that we would not be able to stay here been the price been so cheap but we were wrong. the room had 2 single beds and comfortable. the shower room was very clean and stocked with towels. the owner even gave us free shampoo and shower gel. there was a tv with some english channels. the room was basic clean and quiet. there was free air conditioning as well as free wifi.I would highly recommend this hotel as a stop over place. great value for money.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank helenawesome
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Upon Arrival to Kos from the ferry from Bodrum (Turkey) my wife and I broke out the map, and found the Catherine Hotel easy to find if you walk along Kos Towns marina then when the one way road turns two ways you just take a left and walk up and there it is on the left! Easy.

When we arrived to the hotel the owners were really nice, letting us adjust our accommodation to stay and extra day before leaving to Athens.

The hotel has no elevator so the elderly (like this one lady my wife helped with her baggage down the stairs), and people with really heavy baggage will have issues as some of the rooms are pretty high up.

The hotel was a great price, so I didn't mind, and it had wifi available in all the rooms and to my delight it was extremely fast. The room itself was clean, and the bathroom was renovated and immaculate, albite extremely small, I had a hard time trying to shower as I kept elbowing both walls.

The reason I gave this nice hotel a 3 (my wife says 2), was the beds, apart from getting two singles, which didn't bother us, the mattress itself seems to have been cut from straight granite. It was so hard my wife had troubles sleeping and this caused issues with her for the next day. And we are not old either both being in our mid twenties.

So all in all, good location, friendly staff, clean rooms, great wifi, horrible beds and tiny bathrooms.

Room Tip: The owner did mention they had rooms with bigger bathrooms but no balcony, so if you want a bigger b...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lanekau
Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

We arrived in Kos and our 1st choice stay, was a lengthy walk for us plus the area was too quiet. Decided to move closer to the center of town and checked around for options. Catherine Hotel kept popping up as the way to go. The rooms we were shown were perfect for us but when we checked in the next day, we got the old wing which truly needed some renovations! Fortunately my husband is not one to just accept. He requested for the renovated rooms and even though I was hoping for a balcony it was not available. So a room with windows, a renovated bathroom and lots of space worked out perfect for us. The furnishings were still old but you can't get everything. We found the family that runs the hotel accommodating and despite the initially start, it was a place that was close to the ferry and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank KMSM44
Reviewed September 27, 2011

arrived at catherine hotel 9.30am and was given my room which i was delighted with stunning view of the harbour.the room itself was spacious and clean with plenty hot water ..the owners wife is a gem she helped me book accom for my few days trip to turkey for that i thank her..i will stay there again and would recommend it the road passing the hotel is very busy but i didnt have a problem with that i didnt hear traffic at night..i didnt stay for breakfast as i was getting ferry to bodrum,there is a excellant restaurant next door to hotel i ate there on both nights,also an amazing shop across the road which sells the most amazing selection of ice-cream..

Room Tip: ask for room 25 or 35.for view of harbour.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo