“Not the pita gyros you would expect”
Review of Museum Restaurant

Museum Restaurant
Ranked #163 of 234 Restaurants in Kos Town
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Finaly back in Greece, and the first thing offcours we would want to eat is a real pita gyros. We asked were we could eat a good gyros and were advised to go to museo. Saw all the people in line to get a gyris so we got our hopes up this would be a good place to eat. But this was defnitley not the gyros we had in mind, the meat was not the best quality and not grilled enough. It ws, ok, but we missed the real good gyros taste. service was typicall greek, and the waiter could have been a bit more friendley when taking the order. When the billl came he was a bit confused if it was correct.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Honestly has to be the best food me and my boyfriend experienced while in Kos. There is a range of food but defiantly opt for the Greek food,we went there three times and was never disappointed, also be sure to ask the waiters on what you think you should try. Brilliant food, service and atmosphere! Got to be good if the Greeks eat there, right?

1  Thank Paige K
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We ate here a few times during our stay in Kos. The first time we both had Souvlaki (skewered meat) my OH had lamb and I had chicken. I can honestly say the chiken I had was the most succulent, moist flavoursome chicken I ever had in my life. The portion sizes are huge, the service was great with friendly efficient staff. The setting is good, in the shadows of the old museum, but there is a busy walk way at the side of the outdoor tables. Prices were good value for quality and size which is why we ate there a few times.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Wife and I ate here twice. It's a 15-20 minute walk from port but right across from 1 of the Agora exits in the town square. We had a variety of Greek appetizers and platters: stuffed grape leaves, calamari, mixed grill, etc. All tasty & reasonably priced. The waiters will keep the beggars away. Also a nice place to rest your feet and have a cold beer!

Reviewed September 3, 2011

A very nice restaurant with an outdoor seating area adjecent to the museum. Great location in the pedestrian area of Kos Town. Good food and generous servings. My favourite were the cooked Greek dishes with veal or beef. Very friendly staff.

1  Thank vladmuc