“Traditional Greek food at its best”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mummy's Cooking

Mummy's Cooking
Ranked #12 of 209 Restaurants in Kos Town
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Uttoxeter, United Kingdom
“Traditional Greek food at its best”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

A simple little taverna hidden away, choice is a little limited as they only have so much of a dish and when its gone, its gone! yummy food though - a proper little greek gem

Visited July 2012

• Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
“Mousaka is on Tuesday”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Rather than refer to the menu, Ilianos suggests the question: "What do you like?" and from there the chef prepares a tasty dish that is a delightful surprise for the diner with humour and good service!

• Visited October 2012
Richmond, Canada
“No menu required!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Just ask "What's fresh?", and your meal will take care of itself! We enjoyed 2 lunches, and 2 dinners at Mummy's, and let our host make the choices. When the fish was fresh, that's what I had. Another meal, I enjoyed a wonderful chicken dish. Both meals started with a delicious stuffed pepper, the quality and flavor of which made me a convert to this delicious treat! We ate at the sidewalk tables, with locals also enjoying Mummy!s cooking ... A good sign, particularly as we noticed other nearby restaurants were empty!

• Visited November 2012
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Home Cooking with Attitude”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I were recommended this restaurant by a local which can only be a good thing, we were not disappointed. At the beginning we were at a loss at what to choose but the waiter who turned out to be the main man asked us if we liked chicken and pork we said yes, he said trust him the plates just kept coming and coming MEZE style. The first plates came as starters the next few as main courses, the slow cooked pork was heaven, meatballs divine, chicken mouth watering. The only draw back was that we were sat near a fairly busy road, but tables are available inside.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank geoffrey h
Salvador, BA
“Didn't lide it”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I went to this restaurant recommended by a girl who sold me ferry tickets.

I have been to Greece bafore, but never to Kos. I have to say that the Mousaka I ordered was the worst I've ever had in my life. Even the olive oil they keep on the table has no taste.

I do not recommend it to anyone.

• Visited September 2012