“Good food, lack of service!”
Review of Petrino

Petrino
Ranked #25 of 232 Restaurants in Kos Town
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Going to Petrinov for their Caesar Salad was one of the things I was looking forward to when I returned to Kos after 4 years. Been coming to this restaurant since my first visit to Kos 20 years ago, with intervals of approx. 3-4 years.
Salad was what I had expected but service was not good....
At first I was greeted very politely and given a table in the lower part of the garden. After about 10 minutes the menu was brought to me and was asked what I wanted to drink. After another 10 minutes the glass of wine was brought and my order for the salad was taken. When that came to my table after 20 minutes I asked for a small bottle of water but since they only have big bottles the waiter said he would bring me a glass. It never came...
After I had finished the salad, which is really good, plate was taken away without the waiter asking if I had enjoyed it and if I wanted any dessert or coffee. They left me sitting there for 45 minutes before I could get the attention of the waiter, who was running around in the area I was sitting in, attending to many other guests. It's not like I was put in some deserted area... When bill finally came, again no waiter came up to ask for my money so I headed to the entrance of the restaurant and left my money with the bartender.
Big disappointed as far as service wad concerned, I've experienced much better in the past!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is something special. The food is very good but expensive but is a lovely choice for a special occasion. My parents had their wedding anniversary meal there and it was very nice and the surroundingss are lovely as well

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We're so glad we've found this restaurant. The food was excellent, well thought out, with interesting twists of taste. The garden is lovely, calm, cool. The service was friendly, so was the cute little kitten!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

what a beautiful garden! just a few steps from the end of main shopping road, hidden behind the unspectacular entrance sort of garden eden.

we enjoyed i a calm atmosphere a wonderful starter: smoked eggplant. a nice suggestion of wine with it and wait for the next explosion in our mouth.

it took long, very long. only 3 guys in service, not enough at all and so we get our main course finally: my lamp rack filled with feta, a nice and interesting dish - just it was cold!! what a pity. the musaka was okay, average to say.

the waiter was really sorry about the facts when we cleared of the half full plat - not more, he was to lost... we paid our bill and left. sad about what happend, sad about the real good food destroid by the missing staff - why ever....

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My partner and i decided to have a night of the all inclusive at our hotel and decided to venture into kos town for a meal and on recommendation from our rep we decided to visit this fabulous little restaurant tucked out of the way in the centre of town. From start to finish the food and service was fabulous. We were even given free home-made bread which is made daily in there own bakery and is delicious. If you only go to one restaurant in kos go to this one you will not be disappointed.