“Good local food at a family run restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Olympiada

Olympiada
Ranked #73 of 209 Restaurants in Kos Town
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Good local food at a family run restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

We found this restaurant while on a day to Kos and trying to avoid the typical touristy restaurants full of cliched English dishes. The menu looked authentic and though the place was empty, we took a chance. Our luck was in! A family run business with pictures on the wall of the man serving and cooking for us from 1978. We shared a Greek salad to start which was delicious, followed by lamb kleftiko for me (with a very generous amount of lamb in it) and swordfish for my wife. The whole family suddenly seemed to appear and we felt very welcome. Thanks for a lovely lunch!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Kevin H

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Southern Finland, Finland
“Greek food is probably ok, never order pizzas, they are very far from being a pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is a restaurant which I remembered from my previous visit in Kos town. Finnish tour operator used it for information-events and we also had a supper there then and I ate there later, also. When I noticed it this time, I thought it is worth a new visit.

I was a little disappointed about my meal, taramosalata, bread and stuffed tomatoes. They were not so tasty I was hoping for. I also watched the orders of the other guests in the restaurant and I have to say, several tables had ordered pizzas and they didn´t resemble anything you are used to have nowadays, when you order a pizza.

I noticed that in this restaurant they don´t bring obligatory bread to the table, so you only pay for what you have genuinely ordered.

• Visited September 2013
Mora, Sweden
“This is not a good restaurant.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is a restaurant that Apollo says it's good.
But i must say that we don't agree.
It's just a average restaurant and the food is average and the service is average. Save you'r Money and go to a better restaurant.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Krister O
Pori, Finland
“The best food we had in Kos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

You will certainly get a good value for your money in Olympiada. The prices are not higher than in anywhere else, but the quality of food is. Uncomplicated, home cooked, tasty dishes are served here and our whole family thought they had the best meal of our holiday in this place. And we all ordered different dishes.

The service was polite, attentive and the typical in-your-face doorman was nowhere to be seen. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough! My mixed grill was suggested by the waiter and he was right. It was one of the most expensive dishes in the menu for 16 euros, but I would have gladly payed double the money. There were 4 or 5 different grilled meats all with superb taste and a large portion of rice and potatoes. So good!!! I will definitely be going back as soon as I get the chance.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MaggieRaven
wakefield
“Cheap but tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Lovely restaurant, friendly staff . Good food , plenty to chose from . We found that you dont have to pay alot for quality here. Try the souvlaki , you get plenty ...

Visited July 2013