“Not recommended”

Zorbas Family Traditional Greek Taverna
Ranked #57 of 258 Restaurants in Kos Town
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A traditional Greek taverna with Greek influence!!!!from the colors till the food!!! Well known homemade Greek recepies cooked always with the most fresh local ingredients!!!! And of course local meat from the island in real bbq!!! Makes everything juicy and unique for sure!!! We try every year to stay true to our love for food and the Greek hospitality!!! Welcome to our family taverna the oldest in the old town!!!
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

Just eaten here.In summary..poor service..food not hot..ages to present the bill when they realise you're not staying to spend..Avoid!!

nikoskos1973, Διευθυντής at Zorbas Family Traditional Greek Taverna, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Thank you!!! I’m sure you never being here!!!!! Thank our competitors also!!!!!!be more polite!!!!!thank you for destroying our try for good food and service ... I wish you are better man now...!!!!

Reviewed July 2, 2018

I wouldn’t recommend this restaurant I had pork schnitzel and I would have needed a hack saw to cut it , not very nice at all, I had a glass of wine and the glass had a funny smell and didn’t look very clean, sad really as the staff were very nice and the setting was in a traditional Greek square.

nikoskos1973, Διευθυντής at Zorbas Family Traditional Greek Taverna, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2018

Thank you for your rate... I will argue about the wine of course... cause is local and yes not full of chemistry clean ..!!!! But I’m s fantasy Africa as all the guest tell us and the winery that we buy it!!!!as for the schnitzel...... oh my god I will take it of the from the menu !!!! In a traditional Greek Taverna you order schnitzel????? With 1000 Greek meze or traditional Greek food??? And yes of course it wasn’t so hard we will change you in a minute if just told us!!!!than give us a bad rate???? Thank you though.... is better sometimes to try local food than you’d country local food.....

Reviewed June 29, 2018

Always busy.. so going by the rule of if its always busy must be good we gave it a go
we knew there would be a wait and when we ordered the waiter confirmed this and suggested we get a starter to share until the food was ready... fair enough
we got the house " fine "white wine....its always better chilled i,m sure you will agree... cold is OK... the wine i would describe as tepid... about the same temperature you would bath a baby in..... not the best
2 moussakas which came in the clay dishes, these were scolding hot, sadly the food inside wasn't that hot..it was edible .. after waiting an hour you would have expected the food to be steaming... reheated food, which moussaka always is , should be red hot...it wasn't just our food the next table had the same problem and complained... the food itself tasted good and had it been red hot i would have given it a good rating
warm wine warm food gets a "warm rating"

nikoskos1973, Διευθυντής at Zorbas Family Traditional Greek Taverna, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2018

Love you for your rate!!! Yes those nights were terrifying!!! So busy and so less time!! 3 lady sefs and my mother.. in the kitchen!!! The moysaka specially is everyday made by the fleshier local ingredients!!! And I of course fresh... as we run out every nigh!!!but we know that you like us!! Anyway thank you !! You know we are trying our best!!! And is fresh local food every day!!! Thank you from the famous my and staff!!!

Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

I've been a Greek holiday fan for many years. This lovely traditional taverna in an older part of Kos town fit the bill for a local speciality lunch. Every year I always have a plated gyros but today was the best ever. Perfectly cooked pork and chicken served in good time. The atmosphere and location was
perfect for a perfect Greek treat.

Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed this family owned Restaurant with nice local Food twice during our stay. Location was a nice decent place a bit offside, like a hidden gem. Service was very friendly and family driven.
Awesome good food at reasonable prices,