“Lovely!!”

Cuisines: Greek, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

My mum and I had a lovely meal here while staying at the Bahamas hotel. It's a great setting and obviously has very hardworking staff. We had the mushrooms a la creme to start with garlic break and oh my gosh it was incredible. I filled up on this so much that I barely left room for my steak. The pepper steak was great and there were no qualms about the taking the bit I couldn't manage away with me! Lovely place. If I return to kos I will definitely come back... can't get those mushrooms off my mind!!!

There are newer reviews for Sunset Taverna

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

From start to finish the service is excellent, the food is excellent you get the best cuts of fillet steak, a visit to this tavern if you are visiting Kos is a must x

Reviewed July 27, 2014

As we were staying in Lambi we passed the restaurant every day. When we stopped once to view the menu, Tommy was straight out with his slabs of raw meat parading them around. Quite funny yes but a bit unnecessary. Anyway we decided to take the plunge one evening and was greeted by a very friendly helpful waiter. There was quite a good atmosphere as there were quite a few diners in, quite a few groups too.

We opted for the Dolmades as a starter which I have to say they were delicious but we did have to nod and smile as Tommy proudly told us an the whole restaurant many times how he grew them all himslef.
The main was a chicken in sauce which was ok but nothing special but the cheesecake for desert was to die for. All the time Tommy was parading around with his slabs of meat and other peoples cooked dinners showing others before giving it to them.
Overall a pleasant meal but a little theatrical for us.

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Had a number of meals here during our 2 weeks stay in Kos town.
Fantastic food. Beautifully fresh(I can recommend the sword fish).
And great friendly service.
Lovely.

1  Thank Robert W
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We visited the sun set taverna 3 times during our 2 week stay at the blue lagoon resort in Lambi, Kos town.

This actually went along way to making a good holiday great, the A/I food at blue lagoon was ok but to be served with a smile and a frosty mug for the Mythos was a welcome change.

The quality of the food is without question. pepper fillet stake, salmon, swordfish , stake platter ........the list is endless.

Good valve and would recommend to anyone, the carafe`s of wine went down well also!!

2  Thank Gordon L