“Decent no fuss food and reasonably priced”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ellie Mays

Ellie Mays
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Dunadry
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Longfield, null, United Kingdom
“Decent no fuss food and reasonably priced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my girlfriend whilst on a trip to Northern Ireland for a friend's wedding. We were staying at the Dunadry Hotel across the road and decided to try Ellie Mays instead of the hotel restaurant as we have been stung a few times by hotel restaurants with their portion sizes and prices.

We were pleased with Ellie Mays. The portion sizes were decent (even for someone like me who has a huge appetite) and the food was good. The steak and Guiness pie was very tasty, as was my girlfriend's burger (if not a little salty). Price wise, for the two mains, a portion of chips, a portion of champ, and 4 pints, it came to just over £40 so not horrific, but a little pricey for what it was (which might have something to do with the fact that if you are staying at the hotel and want to eat elsewhere, there is absolutely nothing else within walking distance). However, it was a good solid meal at a price to compete with elsewhere based on our previous experiences.

All in all, a safe, enjoyable and pleasant place to visit, although if you are looking for gourmet divining and silver service look elsewhere (although there was nothing wrong with the service itself - it was friendly and quick - just don't expect silver service in a place like this). Whilst we were there, the place was mostly full of 'locals' so the food could not have been too bad!!!!

Visited July 2013

Antrim, United Kingdom
“Great to find good food on your own door step”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Was here on 23/7/13 with peg & Jason we had a great meal .Staff were very good could not do enough for us. Will be back again soon.

• Visited June 2013
“Wish I had found Ellie May's long ago!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Wonderful food that my three colleagues and I enjoyed. We all had different dishes and all were extremely good. Well cooked, tasty and fresh served by Laura who was friendly and helpful.

if you are in the area try it..I don't think you will be disappointed. My colleagues went back the next night and had another great meal. I wish I had been there but had to return to Scotland. I will be back to eat there next time I am in the area!!

• Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Went to this restutant today as it came highly recommended by my dad, my partner and I arrived and were seated right away, the waiter that showed us to the table took our drink order and returned with our drink and some menu's, we had decided what we were going to have and were watching food arrive from the kitchen to other customers and saying how good it looked but that was as close as we got to it as we were just left on our own and completely ignored, I had tried to attract the attention of the staff but was still ignored, I would look over if they were run off their feet but the place was empty, I was so disappointed!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Adrian O
“Comfort food for everyone at a restaraunt with my own name!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We came to Ellie May's for the first dinner of our holiday to Northern Ireland and we weren't disappointed. The waiter was friendly, attentive and accomodative to what our friends would call- 'fussy', needs. Those in our party who had a pint of Guiness each both commented on how much 'fresher' and 'less bitter' it was than a home-pulled pint back in England and the two starters we ordered of breaded brie and garlic bread arrived in no time and were gone swiftly-thoroughly enjoyed. The mains came out after a not too long wait either and I had a salmon salad which was grilled perfectly so it was crisp on the outside but still melt in the mouth flaky. It was served on a bed of dressed leaves and I shared a portion of chips with my family which were so lovely that I ended up finishing most of the others on the table that people had left once they were full! I got to try a piece of steak from the steak and guiness pie my friend had and it was juicy, sweet and succulent. I felt the sizzling grill my Dad chose was slightly dry but he hates onions so the fact he had not put his gravy on it may explain this!
Once finished we were all far too full to have desserts but there was a good selection if we'd have wished to do so.
Overall, we really enjoyed our meal at Ellie May's and the fact it's named after me made it all the more fun!

• Visited April 2013