“Lovely old buildings with lots of character”
Review of Dunadry Hotel

Dunadry Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dunadry
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Checked in with 54 others for an overnight stay on the way to Donegal. Very helpful and efficient staff had all the keys ready and handed over to myself to distribute then had a member of staff on hand to guide people to their rooms. Food at dinner was very good, lovely rooms with king size beds and very spacious. Grounds looked nice. Reception staff organised taxis for us next morning ith a smile

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Dunadry Hotel

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was my 2nd time staying here. Have noticed that this place needs a real shake up. The girl that checked us in at reception was very unpleasant and unwelcoming.

At breakfast the waiter asked 'What table, tea or coffee?'- that was it - no welcome or never came near us again. The breakfast was cold, we were the only people eating there.

We asked for a double room which was 2 single beds pushed together, no big deal but as the hotel was nearly empty this shouldn't have happened.

I definitely wont bother staying here again. Theres much better hotels nearby

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EVE328
hgibson, Head of Sales & Revenue at Dunadry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Eve328,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Dunadry Hotel. As you already know from my private message, we are all very shocked by your comments and on further investigation, will deal with the matters raised relating to attitude and service. The Dunadry is the only hotel in the world with a "latch" on the door, signifying the Hotel's welcome. The standard of hospitality and friendliness, I can promise you, is always much higher than you experienced, and the Management team at the Hotel are very sorry that the usual warm welcome wasn't extended to you.
Yours sincerely,

Helen

Reviewed May 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited from the hotel for a wedding last weekend. Unfortunately I missed the wedding and spent the whole weekend feeling full of cold and flu (though not full blown flu thankfully!). However, I still had an absolutely lovely stay thanks to the fantastic staff in the hotel.

Everybody my boyfriend and I encountered was absolutely lovely, chirpy and helpful. From the moment we stepped through the door and asked to borrow a pen, to the high point of being delivered a “hot toddy” complete with Lucozade, honey and lemon with cloves by the duty manager, when I was feeling my at my worst. Somebody also sent the lunch I missed at the wedding up to my room, and we also had breakfast in the room; everyone who brought anything to us was absolutely great, polite and cheerful.

It is a very impressive hotel, or rather very impressive staff who can turn a weekend at hotel with flu into a positive experience! So thank you very much!

I also found the room to be very comfortable, well appointed and in lovely peaceful surrounding. I would like to return to visit the spa and have the facial I missed because of all the sneezing!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kate D
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I think I had the same room as a recent reviewer and I see that a management representative is talking about ongoing refurb work. This room was out of date 30 years ago !

The photographs will testify to the above.

The plus notes and yes there are some ; the staff are great and the food in the restaurant is fulsome and tasty ( albeit with copious quantities of champ ).
Bizarrely, the loud musak in the restaurant is mind numbing and repetitive. Nothing would be better than the incessant Richard Clayderman tosh that is on offer EVERY night !

Strange stay full of opposites.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Alfanumeric
hgibson, Head of Sales & Revenue at Dunadry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Alphanumeric
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Dunadry and thank you for you comments about food and service.
We have an ongoing refurbishment programme which is addressing all the issues you have raised about your room and this will be completed by the end of the Summer.
The Hotel is a charming country house hotel featuring magnificent local art and hand selected antiques, set in 5 acres of gardens at a riverside. Anyone looking to spend a relaxing few days enjoying good food will love it.

Yours sincerely,

Helen Gibson

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Just back from a lovely relaxing weekend break in the Dunadry,staff in all areas of this hotel are very friendly,helpful and professional,rooms are clean and beds comfortable,the food is excellent,cant wait to get back !!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I used to live nearby the Dunadry and my granda still does and would be a very regular visitor. I can remember growing up and spending my Sundays here for Sunday lunch. Great memories and beautiful gardens. Stayed here a few years back when was going to a concert and even after all these years the standards just get better and better. We had a garden room and it was very clean and well presented. Every time we visit we are made to feel so welcome. Definitely recommend to anyone who would like to go to a high class place. Never a fault and forever a favourite!!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank adairl1
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We are a family of 5 so it's always a drama trying to book a hotel that accommodates 5 people!! I rang the Dunadry and they'd had a cancellation so it was no problem. After I booked it I read the reviews and to be honest I was worried, I was sure I would be disappointed.
On arrival the staff, Laura and Carlos, were lovely and very welcoming. We were given a garden view room and I was delighted. Yes, it's basic but the furniture was more modern than I thought and we had lots of room. Most importantly, it was spotless, my only complaint (and its more an observation) is that the carpet was a little worn but really nothing worth talking about!
The hotel is quirky, it's not what you might expect of a 4 star hotel in a big chain but we loved it. We had a lovely meal on Friday night in the bistro, only thing I'll say against it is the fact that a jug of juice (water and black currant) cost £4.65, next time we go it will be a jug of water!! We stayed on Good Friday so it was quiet but it was a lovely relaxing night away for us.

Malachy was also very attentive and did his best to try and sort a 2nd night for us but they were pretty much booked out. We have booked to go back in a couple of months and have requested the same room or a similar room.

It's definitely different but there is nothing wrong with that, it has character and an enduring appeal. Don't go expecting Holiday Inn or Jury's!

I can only comment on our room and experience and we loved it. Thank you to Laura, Carlos and Malachy for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunadry
Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club
#2 of 2 in Templepatrick
Corrs Corner Hotel
Corrs Corner Hotel
#1 of 3 in Newtownabbey

Been to Dunadry Hotel? Share your experiences!