1,588 results
All reviewsgroupon dealevening mealleisure facilitiesset menuleisure clubweekend breakfood was lovelyself servicestayed for one nightan overnight stayplenty of parkinggood nights sleepsauna and steam roomexcellent value for moneyfull englishgymwakefield
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because it offered an exceptional deal. We booked dinner bed and breakfast but in honesty did not expect much for the price.BUT
The breakfast was very good and if they had run out of anything they replaced it when asked.
The evening meal was excellent - we paid extra on one night for a steak and well worth it - very tasty. The service in the restaurant was excellent and they remembered us on the second night - thanks Richard and Amy.
The bar service was excellent and remebered my drink each time !!! Thanks to Wayne!
We visited Wakefield shopping - what a surprise fab shops!
Visited the sculpture park - lovely walk even if some of the sculptures odd - worth going!
The room was basic but very clean! Bed comfy!
Pool was very busy at 5pm go earlier!!! Gym surprisingly empty ha!
Worth going to this hotel especailly if you can get a deal.

Room Tip: If you are going on a deal expect basic and clean! No tips to get better because on the deals they offer it is worth the stay.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda G, Guest Relations Manager at Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Gentrefrench
Thank you for your review I was pleased to read you had such a fantastic weekent in Wakefield and the hotel exceeded your expectations.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have stayed for business a couple of times. The rooms are fine and clean - no complaints there. The restaurant offers nice food, though if you are vegetarian the options are quite rich. The hotel was very cold when I stayed. There was a fan heater in the restaurant, but it wasn't sufficient. The staff are very friendly. I have held four events here and all ran smoothly. The staff were very helpful and willing to make last minute changes, though we were unfornutate to be caught in the buffet lunch queue behind another event with 100 delegates (we were 20).
I think the decor feels a little dated, but it is comfortable and welcoming.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Helloyou2
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the food during your visit. We are presently refurbishing the hotel so please ask for one of our classic bedrooms on your next visit.

Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time here on a groupin deal! The hotel is rather dated and could do with a bit of a revamp to step it into the 21st century! However the rooms were clean and fine for our stay. The food in the restaurant surpassed our expectations! It was very well cooked and beautifully presented on modern plates! It's just a shame the rest of the hotel didn't match the modern presentation of the chef!! Overall a great deal and wouldn't hesitate to book again!!

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Hayley C
I was pleased to read your comments about the food and will pass them onto our Chef. We are in the process of refurbishing the rooms so please ask for one of our classic rooms when you visit in the future.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed here last weekend on a Groupon Deal. Dinner, Bed and Breakfast. When I rang to book our room, I was asked if i would like any flowers or champagne in the room on arrival. As it was our 5 year anniversary, I opted for a bottle of champagne, not something I would splash out on but its a special occasion after all!. Upon check in, i asked discreetly "is there anything waiting in our room" No" was the reply "should there be?!" I told the gentleman that i had asked for champagne and he just replied that there were nothing on the booking notes, even though i had an email confirmation stating that i had added champagne! No apology of note! What annoyed me even more, upon checkout, i commented to the receptionist that this had happened and she pulled out my booking form only to tell me that, the instruction for Champagne was on there clear as day!!!

Since the moment had passed i told him not to bother sending one now as i knew i couldnt enjoy it the mood i was now in.

We were directed to our room on the ground floor. A decent sized room with double bed and 2 armchairs. I would say the room was 1980's chique. Artexed ceiling, Brown valance and a prehistoric hair drying unit attatched the wall in the bathroom.

A nice touch with a bottle of water in the room but I think its a bit random that there is only 1 bottle of water for a double room with 2 people.

A "Free WIFI" sign on the table, so i tried to log on....no luck, You have to go back ot to reception to get a code, seems a bit pointless, why not just put in the welcome pack!! Whilst at reception i asked about where we go for dinner and if we needed to book as there was no mention of this upon check in, nor any mention of the location and setup of the health club. All queries were answered but thought this information would have been given to us when we checked in like most hotels do.

Health Club has everything you would expect however the hot tub was out of order with no water in in and the tiles on the edge of the hot tub had come off and were just lying on the edge of the pool. Not great with kids around.

On the plus side, the food and service in the restaurant was excellent. All staff were very attentive and (i think it might have been the restaurant manager) was very friendly and answered a couple of questions about the menu items.

To sum up, I think the hotel is more directed towards business users. An "ok" hotel, it just didnt live up to the 4* rating. I wouldnt rush back to stay but go back for dinner if i was in the area. Would be happy to try one of the others in the chain if i was visiting the area again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Hotel good although not in the same class as the Cedar Court York.
Rooms Clean.- if you get one of the refurbished rooms. The rest of the hotel needs updating
Room Service efficient and food of good quality
Did not try the pool or gym
Staff friendly and helpful

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Linda G, Guest Relations Manager at Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Sulliey thank you for your review it was great to read that you enyoyed your stay and that you had one of our classic rooms. We are currently in the process of refurbishing our rooms. and we look forward to seeing yuo again. Regards