1,633 results
All reviews groupon deal evening meal leisure facilities set menu tea coffee weekend break food was lovely self service stayed for one night an overnight stay plenty of parking sauna and steam room excellent value for money good nights sleep the yorkshire sculpture park full english gym
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We came back from cedar court hotel today and I have to say I was so disapointed. We stayed here approx 10years ago and I have to say the rooms haven't changed. Poor and tired decor. I have stayed in many hotels and I could not class this as one. Not even in the same league.
Rooms were fairly clean hair dryer in the room was pointless so definitely take your own. Would of been quicker putting my head out the window and drying it in the wind!
The main reception areas are fairly nice. Breakfast was £10 not sure I would pay that for what we saw.
The hotel does a lot of tribute nights we were woken up 3 times during the night! Once @ 1.30am and so on. On telling the receptionist in the morning they weren't really bothered.
Also a problem with the night entertainment, people come in who aren't even staying in the hotel so when we came back from visiting family @ 9.30pm NO PARKING spaces!! The car park is large and that just goes to show how many people where there.
I won't be staying again I will be going to the premiere inn down the road or going into leeds which is 15mins away and stay in a proper hotel! I recommend anyone else to as well. So disapointed!
My parents stayed with us in a separate room very much the same as what we had. They also were woken up and complained with nothing from reception. They also feel the same as us and won't be returning.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Just home from a two night break. The hotel itself is impressive both from the outside and the inside facilities, very welcoming. We had requested soft pillows when booking but we were presented with hard thin pillows on enetering our only average bedroom. The mattress was very hard which resulted in two very poor evening sleeps. We did ask the receptionist to get us solf pillows but this was not carried out, indeed he did not seem to be giving us his full attention when registering as we got newspapers we did not book as well. Breakfast was excellent although there was only one person serving and he was away doing room service. This is our second stay at the hotel (convenient location to relatives) though I doubt we will be returning again

Room tip: We have used rooms 102 and 202, both had hard mattresses and were not impressive rooms
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank BlackpoolWillows2
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Just returned from an overnight stay at the Cedar Court Hotel, We booked a package that included 3 course dinner, comedy show, and bed & breakfast. The dinner was very good, the comedy show was excellent, and the breakfast choice the following morning was first class. Very pleased with our first visit to this hotel and we'll certainly be going again.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank JohnDBarnsley
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We attended a Valentine's Ball in one of the hotel's function rooms. The room was beautifully set out with a sparkling backdrop curtain to the dancefloor, flame lights and candleabras on the tables. The staff were very friendly, great service and the three course meal was superb. I would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2012

The hotel is large with many facilities. The room was modern and tidy though the sink in the bathroom hadn't been properly cleaned (whiskers from a previous occupant). The rooms were very warm on arrival but the windows opened far enough to let fresh air in and we had access to the radiator on/off switch. The function room wasn't huge but was lovely - the food was fantastic 10/10. The DJ looked on first sight like he should have retired some years back but was actually very good. Bar prices were reasonable and the staff were all attentive and friendly. We had a good nights sleep on comfortable beds and the breakfast the following morning was super. All in all a lovely hotel that I would reccomend and happily stay at again.

Room tip: If you are with a group of friends booking individually let them know - they will put your rooms next to one another.
Date of stay: January 2012