1,587 results
All reviewsgroupon dealevening mealleisure facilitiesset menuleisure clubweekend breakfood was lovelyself servicestayed for one nightan overnight stayplenty of parkinggood nights sleepsauna and steam roomexcellent value for moneyfull englishgymwakefield
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Every year in January, I stay at this hotel. Althought some areas are a bit tired now, the service, staff and meals are still excellent. The same staff have been there for many years which just goes to show that they treat them well as they do their customers.

Room Tip: I have folund I like the rooms facing the car park - number 200 plus
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I stayed at the hotel on 28/1/12 for my hen night. There were 10 ladies and we went to the Boogie theme night which included a 3 course meal. We had a brilliant night and the staff friendly, especially one barman whose name I unfortunately don't know to say thank you. The room had a single and a double bed and was comfy. The bathroom had an overhead shower which was refreshing and hot. During the night we were disturbed by the noise of other guests going back to their room. We can't fault the food, it was hot and tasty. Before I went to breakfast I was told by my friends how delicious it was, there was plenty to choose from.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I stayed here for two nights in Jan 2012 and found the whole experiance, average at best. Once i had unpacked i discovered the room wasnt cleaned properly, with "rubbish" in the bin, a dirty toilet and wet towel still in the bathroom, i did mention this to the ereceptionist and said that as i had already unpacked i didnt want to move rooms. she was very apologetic, but no one came to sort it out until the room was clearned the next morning.
I ate at the hotel on the first night, it was a strange experiance really, i had a steak with peppercorn sauce, and have to say the steak was excellent, but not much else was, the chips were soggy, veg cold and the peppercorn sauce was just strange. I then opted for a cheese board and this was excellent, so it seems the difficult to get right things were right and the simple things wrong.
I used the pool one of the evenings and found this too be of a good standard however the jacuzzi was out of service awaiting repair, but these things happen.
On the last day of my stay, the breakfast service changed, so you had to order your hot breakfast rather than help yourself, which i thought actually improved it.
Also the free wifi is fairly limited, speed no more than 128KPS and a data limit, so dont expect too much from it.
On the plus side there is ample parking, a location to the motorway is good, with not much noise affecting the hotel.
to summerise then, the hotel is ok, nothing special but has a general feel of being a little tired.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank magoodliffe
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I got married at cedar court at Wakefield, on the 11.11.11 at 11am…my whole wedding was there; from my bridesmaid’s and I stopping the night before, till the evening reception on the day. Now I turned out to be one of those brides that liked doing/arranging everything! Poor Katie (the wedding co-ordinator at the Wakefield cedar court) was very patient with me and just let me get on with it, and assisted me when I required the help and advice. My wedding ended up in some of the regional and national papers; as well as ITV calendar and radio (no extra pressure for us!). Reason’s for the media being involved, was because of the significance of the day and time ‘remembrance day’. So the morning of the wedding, we had to be on time, as we did the 2min silence at 11am.
As I was doing the decorating etc, myself, the night before, Katie left me her mobile number, even though she was going home, just in case I needed her.
The day of the wedding went like clockwork! Everything went to plan. The whole day for me was perfect and more!!! The food was brilliant from the canapés, wedding breakfast to the evening buffet. It’s not just me quoting, regarding the food; this compliment was from my friends and family. All the staffs were more than helpful, extremely polite to all the guests and very friendly. I know they worked hard, but remained discrete! The poor toast master had a lot to put up with; especially from me, as I was so high and giddy and maybe be a little tipsy! I went from nooooo I not saying a speech to getting up to talk about 3 times! Haa. He didn’t know if he was coming or going.
I wanted to do this write up just to say a big thank you to all the staff that was there on my wedding day.
To Katie an extra special thank you, you are a STAR Hun! And I know most brides say it (especially on those TV shows) but sorry all you bridal girly’s… my wedding was the best!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel 7/1/11 for 1 night, 3 rooms ( 2 twins and 1 double) and wasnt impressed with it in general. The worst thing about this hotel is the bed's.. especially the twin beds which our party didnt get much sleep on at all - the breakfast table looked more comfy to be honest.

The breakfast was okay, decent amount of food available, english breakfast and continental with lots of fruit and cold meats available if thats the kind of breakfast you prefer, the food was cooked well and was hot.

Some of our party used to leisure facilities and found them to be off good quality.

One plus was the staff who were briilliant, and always on hand to help. Also plenty of parking is available.

If they fixed the beds if would be better, buts its not bad for 1 night.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family