1,606 results
All reviews groupon deal evening meal leisure facilities set menu leisure club tea coffee weekend break food was lovely self service stayed for one night an overnight stay plenty of parking good nights sleep sauna and steam room excellent value for money full english gym
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I got married at cedar court at Wakefield, on the 11.11.11 at 11am…my whole wedding was there; from my bridesmaid’s and I stopping the night before, till the evening reception on the day. Now I turned out to be one of those brides that liked doing/arranging everything! Poor Katie (the wedding co-ordinator at the Wakefield cedar court) was very patient with me and just let me get on with it, and assisted me when I required the help and advice. My wedding ended up in some of the regional and national papers; as well as ITV calendar and radio (no extra pressure for us!). Reason’s for the media being involved, was because of the significance of the day and time ‘remembrance day’. So the morning of the wedding, we had to be on time, as we did the 2min silence at 11am.
As I was doing the decorating etc, myself, the night before, Katie left me her mobile number, even though she was going home, just in case I needed her.
The day of the wedding went like clockwork! Everything went to plan. The whole day for me was perfect and more!!! The food was brilliant from the canapés, wedding breakfast to the evening buffet. It’s not just me quoting, regarding the food; this compliment was from my friends and family. All the staffs were more than helpful, extremely polite to all the guests and very friendly. I know they worked hard, but remained discrete! The poor toast master had a lot to put up with; especially from me, as I was so high and giddy and maybe be a little tipsy! I went from nooooo I not saying a speech to getting up to talk about 3 times! Haa. He didn’t know if he was coming or going.
I wanted to do this write up just to say a big thank you to all the staff that was there on my wedding day.
To Katie an extra special thank you, you are a STAR Hun! And I know most brides say it (especially on those TV shows) but sorry all you bridal girly’s… my wedding was the best!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel 7/1/11 for 1 night, 3 rooms ( 2 twins and 1 double) and wasnt impressed with it in general. The worst thing about this hotel is the bed's.. especially the twin beds which our party didnt get much sleep on at all - the breakfast table looked more comfy to be honest.

The breakfast was okay, decent amount of food available, english breakfast and continental with lots of fruit and cold meats available if thats the kind of breakfast you prefer, the food was cooked well and was hot.

Some of our party used to leisure facilities and found them to be off good quality.

One plus was the staff who were briilliant, and always on hand to help. Also plenty of parking is available.

If they fixed the beds if would be better, buts its not bad for 1 night.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2012

third time at cedar court hotel for new years eve and it didnt let us down again started well with afternoon tea a good choice of sandwiches few beers then head down for a hour but we could have used the leisure facilities got ready for our bucks fiz pre dinner meeting..the food was quality nice starter a good steak out of our 10 at the table we didnt get a poor one all served piping hot and at once . a real good meal to say the amount of people who was there.
Staff were good and helpful in every way
The only downside was the entertainment (very poor) arrived late didnt get the party going infact some guest were taking the mickey very poor Michael Buble impersonator.
the last two years the entertainment was a lot better infact 1st class
The DJ was really good saved the day and made the night .
late breakfast the next day too, buffet but well set out and good choice

a good night had by all except Michael Buble

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerCCH, General Manager at Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2012

Dear Andrew B

Thank you for your feedback on our New Years Eve celebrations at the Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield, where I was pleased to read that your party enjoyed both the meal and the disco

We are in the process of finalising plans for our 2012 party and will take on board your comments regarding the entertainment.

We hope to welcome you back for this years festivities.

Kind regards

Reviewed January 4, 2012

i would just like to say a big thankyou to all the staff a cedar court for making my daughter and new son inlaws wedding day so perfect, and a special thankyou to katy the wedding co-ordinator who was fantastic from start to finish and we only gave her a 4-5 months notice , nothing was to much trouble and felt she was more like a friend at the end of it , i would deffinetly recommend this as a perfect place to have a wedding and reception , the sit down meal was lovely and the evening buffet was just as good ,and the staff were great , so once again a big thankyou to katy and staff for a perfect wedding day for my daughter .

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Susan 250

Thank you for your lovely review regarding your daughters wedding day at the Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield.

I was so pleased to read that everyone enjoyed the day.

Kind regards

Reviewed December 19, 2011

Attended Pop Party Night as a works function on Thursday 15th Dec. We decided to go here following a successful party in 2010. Again the night was well organised and fun was had by all. However....Cedar Court, What happened to the food??? It was awful.

Last year was a carvery, a very nice carvery and starters. The food this year was bland, tasteless and bought to you on a plate. It looked like mass produced, heated up school dinner food. Everyone in my party was disappointed and commented how good it was last year (the ones who attended last year).
This was a real shame, however the rest of the night made up for it. Overall, the function was excellent, the food awful. We will be looking for a Xmas function next year but unless we are reassured the food will go back to what it was we wont be returning.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
GeneralManagerCCH, General Manager at Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2012

Dear Nail gun

Thank you for your review where I was sorry to read that we did not fully reach your expectations on your Christmas party this year.

For 2011 we had several types of party night on offer including both the 2 course pop party night which you attended or the 3 course cabaret carvery which you attended last year. I am sorry that you didn't enjoy the food and we will take on board your comments.

Please rest assured that we will still be offering the cabaret carvery nights in 2012 so we hope that you may choose to opt for this party night next year.

Many thanks