1,593 results
All reviewsgroupon dealevening mealleisure facilitiesset menuleisure clubtea coffeeweekend breakfood was lovelyself servicestayed for one nightan overnight stayplenty of parkinggood nights sleepsauna and steam roomexcellent value for moneyfull englishgym
Reviewed August 9, 2011

The hotel itself is a touch old fashioned, but only a bit. This is the same in the public areas and the rooms; they're modern, but not fully up to date, they just need a bit of a 'doll up' as it were.

The food at the hotel was superb though, really enjoyed it :)

Nice big flat screen TVs in the rooms too!

The staff were all superb, and really went out of the way to help us, especially so when we had some car trouble. The late night reception staff called around the staff available to find us a screwdriver and the such so we could get sorted.

My ONLY complaints were both bathroom related.
1) The extremely old fashioned hair drying contraption in the bathroom was not very effective, and completely fell apart when I tried to use it!
2) The toilet paper dispensers are those type which you pull out one square of paper at a time, and because they're so tightly packed in, it means when you pull a piece out, the paper tears and rips.

Aside that, not a bad hotel at all really, we'd probably stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
GeneralManagerCCH, General Manager at Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2011

Dear TR Wolf

Thank you for posting your comments on trip advisor - it is great to read your feedback.

We are currently in a process of modernising aspects of the hotel - and I was pleased to notice that you already appreciated the progress we have made with our new flatscreen televisions. We have also introduced free WIFI thoughout the hotel and as of September we will also be showing Sky Sports in our lounge or guests can upgrade into one of our Sky rooms.

It was lovely to read that you enjoyed the food at the hotel - this positive feedback is much appreciated by the team.

Some of bathrooms are about to be upgraded within the hotel so we will take on board your observations in our planning stages of this.

Kind regards

Reviewed August 2, 2011

Really great night at Cedar Court!! I came along with 8 friends & we all had a fabulaous evening, the food was lovely & the Take That tribute band (Take That & Scream) were just amazing!! Would recommend anyone to go if you want a fun night out. I will certainly be booking to see the Take That tribute again!!! :0)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerCCH, General Manager at Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

Dear TamsV

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor for our Take That Tribute Night. it was great to read that you enjoyed all aspects of the night and we can not wait to see you again at our next Take That Night in October.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

We had the best wedding day ever. Everything was so so perfect.
The staff and wedding co-ordinators were absolutely fantastic.
Highly recommended !!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
GeneralManagerCCH, General Manager at Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

Dear Katie

Thank you for sharing sharing your wedding experience with us on tripadvisor. It was great to read that your wedding day was perfect and that we helped contribute to your happy day.

I have passed on your comments to Katie - your co-ordinator and everyone who assisted throughout the day.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

We Attended a wedding reception on saturday the 30th of July 2011.

Good Points.

I have to say, the majority of the staff were pleasant and professional.
The Breakfast was very good.
The Health spa was good
The Hotel was clean although a little dated.

Bad points

No Ramp at the front of the hotel, we had 2 young children in a pushchair and had to walk all the way round to the vehicle drop off point to gain access to the hotel.

For the same price of £80 I could have stopped at the Malmaison in Leeds, so I dont think it was good value for money.

I asked at reception if they had a cocktail Bar, the Receptionist pointed to a bar, When I approached I asked for a mohito, to which the bartender replied, we don't do Mohito's.
So I asked what cocktails they did? She then said, we don't do cocktails.
When I pointed out the reception had told me it was a cocktail bar, she said, Yes, it is the cocktail bar, used to sell cocktails, but we don't any more, but the name has stuck :-/

Drinks were very expensive and I noticed lots of people in the car park drinking beer that they had in there boot of there car.

When we went to use the spa on the sunday morning, we were met by a very stern faced young lady, with a bad attitude.
She asked if we had booked in our children to use the pool ?
When I said, we wren't informed at reception, even though when we checked in with our children with us and asked about pool opening times and asked if children were allowed in the pool, to which we were told yes. she replied that we should have checked our book in the room, which of course was the first thing on our mind when we arrived at the hotel for a wedding reception.
The spa receptionist told us that only 5 children at a time were allowed in the pool, which I can appreciate for health and safety. However, I feel as a four star establishment, she could have been a little more helpful and courteous rather than dictating the rules and regulations.
Other members in our party also commented that she reiterated this when they tried to access the pool with their children.

The DJ on the night looked like he was on his last legs, very overweight and sat down through the duration of the night. He looked as miserable as sin and If I were the manager of this hotel, I would be asking, Do I want someone like this representing my establishment when after all, he is the one who is supposed to create a party atmosphere?.

When we sat down to the buffet, I was listening to Guns and roses "sweet child of mine"

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank banaaana

Dear Banaana

Thank you for the feedback you have given on trip advisor regarding your stay with us recently at the Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield.

It was great to read about the positive comments that you have made and I will be looking at how we can address the areas that you felt we could improve upon.

Reviewed July 30, 2011

We hosted a reception dinner for over 100 people.service' decor and ambiance was very good and all our guests were very happy.

• Stayed: July 2011
GeneralManagerCCH, General Manager at Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2011

Dear Asharazdan

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments on tripadvisor about the Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield and we look forward to seeing you again soon.