“Wide choice of dishes, reasonable price for the quality of dishes”
Review of China Wok

China Wok
Ranked #37 of 66 Restaurants in Sallanches
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2018

We come here as an occasional treat.

Always a fantastically wide selection of dishes from fresh prawns, salads, sushi and other favourite Chinese dishes. The food is very nicely presented and fresh and hot. The staff keep replenishinh the dishes as soon as appropriate.*

I have never got to the stage of trying the chef cooked wok food - again a large selection of meat and veg ingredients or to the desserts.

Am too full!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

This is an all you can eat buffet style Chinese restaurant. I have eaten here a few times in my years visiting Sallanches and if I visit the town again I will be back.

The entrance is hidden at the side of the building and the stairs up to the restaurant could do a better job of advertising its existence. If I didn't know where to go, I suspect that many guests will be put off.

There is loads of choice - I particularly liked the caramelised chicken and the duck.

There are simple options such as breaded chicken and chips for easier tastes or fussier children. There is also a selection of uncooked meats and veg that after your selection the chef will cook for you to your liking.

The desserts are simple, and small - but as it's all you can eat, then you can take as many as you like.

At €20 each, I feel it's a little expensive, but if you like a lot of food then you can get value for money. Soft drinks are included, but alcohol is extra.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

We visited China Wok one evening during our stay in Sallanches whilst skiing. The staff were very welcoming, the restaurant was very clean and well presented and the food was good, much better than I had expected. The children (ages 6 and 3) really enjoyed the buffet desert section packed with ice cream, cakes & pick’n’mix, and we enjoyed the nice wine and seafood dishes. Would definitely recommend to anyone staying nearby.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Had some poor experiences of Asian food in France but this was one of the better ones. Food was good and tasty, huge menu. Only drawback was the frying/cooking smwell that permeated our clothes. They could surely install a strategic extractor fan.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 27, 2017

Went here for a meal tonight and loved it. £34 2 of us which includes starters, main courses, puddings and drinks. It's a buffet so you can have as little or as much as you fancy. You pay first, then just go and help yourself. Lovely helpful staff too, will definitely be returning next year ☺

Date of visit: September 2017