“Fantastic food, disorganized service”

Auberge de l'Orangerie
Ranked #1 of 66 Restaurants in Sallanches
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Auberge de l'Orangerie, Hotel *** and Restaurant. L'Auberge de l'Orangerie welcomes you for your greatest pleasure. Wether for tourism or business, you will find confort and well-being during your stay at L'Auberge de l'Orangerie.
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

We still give them a five rating because the dinner is so perfect. From the amuse bouche with champagne (in a really small glass) to the exquisite dessert everything was delicious. The foie gras starters are a bit of a specialty and were both excellent. The duck magret perfectly cooked with subtle fruit sauce There is a nice choice of fish and both the fish stew and the perch dish were beautifully prepared and tasty. As noted in these columns the service is friendly but messy. We had to ask for things multiple times. Dishes aren’t served on the table at the same time so we had to wait a bit too long for all to be put on the table. But we forgave them because the food is so good !

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Auberge de l'Orangerie hotel, which is amazing by itself, and so have had the chance to check the restaurant twice for dinner. All the dishes we had we're excellent, and we were also suprised with delicious extras here and there, maybe because we were guests at the hotel. The second time we sat there the owner apologized for "slow service", even though the service was perfect. We enjoyed both the food and the service very much.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

The owner really runs this place well, she is friendly and helpful and welcomes every guest personally every day.
She even offered to drive me personally to the local parking station to pick up my transfer to the airport.
I was part of a business group of 17 and the rooms, service and food were excellent.
Highly recommend this place!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 9, 2018

This is a fantastic restaurant that should get 5 stars every time. Being slightly outside Sallanches (5 min drive) it's slightly cheaper than equivalent places and much cheaper than Megeve! But the food is fantastic - really, REALLY good - both for us (parents) and our kids.
The only let down was that they seemed to be a bit distracted, which led to us asking 2 or 3 times for a coke and it never arriving, then the same with the bill. Then on leaving I noticed they'd charged for my daughter's dessert which was supposed to be included in the kids menu. None of these are things that should happen and I haven't seen them mentioned elsewhere so I presume this was a one off. So I recommend the restaurant without any hesitation - just check your bill afterwards!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

You must go there, it is fabulous!
I have been visiting this restaurant twice a year for about 17 years. The food is exquisite. 7 chefs in the kitchen, very creative, excellent value for money. Great service also. I have stayed overnight once at the hotel. It’s also very nice, modern rooms, beautiful swimming pool.

Date of visit: April 2018