“Off the beaten track, and worth the effort!”
Review of Auberge des Isles

Auberge des Isles
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Le Lude
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Off the beaten track, and worth the effort!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Took friends out for Sunday lunch, and enjoyed sitting on the terrace beside the river amongst lovely flowers. The owner is a very pleasant lady, attentive to her guests and with just enough English to get by. We ate a la carte and enjoyed three lovely courses of what one would call proper French food. The house wine was reasonable.
There was no rush on a warm Sunday and a leisurely lunch was much enjoyed. That so many of the customers were locals says a lot for what is on offer, in quality and value. Le Lude is a bit off the tourist track (although its chateau is worth a visit) but is passing by, do stop in for a meal here.

• Visited July 2013

Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
“WoW”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Lovely location by the river, eating on the terrace is a must, service is excellent with the staff very helpful to non french speaking brits, nothing to dislike but if you eat here make sure you have a good appetite, but by eck is it worth it

Visited August 2013
Lincoln, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Value with a beautiful setting”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We used this restaurant twice in the week we stayed nearby. The proprietor was wonderful. I am disabled and find seating and steps a problem. She made sure I was comfortable, remembered me the next time we called in and even brought me cushions to make me more comfortable. The food was very good. We ate in the evening, choosing from the main menu and it was excellent value. On the second occasion we ate at lunch time from the special menu and again the food was simple this time but still excellent. It was about 12 euros for a main and dessert. If you choose to sit on the balcony outside, you are above the river and look over the bridge which is covered in beautiful flowers or the old part of town. After eating our hostess even helped me back to the car as the car park is down a steep hill, my husband fetched the car to the door and she stayed with me. Please visit, it is well worth it!!

• Visited September 2012