“Excellent”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Fantastic food and warm service, particularly from the owners charming son, made this our favorite restaurant in the area. We even returned the day after for more.
Jonathan&Tone, Norway

1  Thank Jonathankj83

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Great little restaurant in the village of Tellaro. Great little restaurant just outside the village. Authentic Ligurian cuisine at reasonable prices.

2  Thank italianjourneys
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We`ve stayed in Tellaro a number of times but until our last visit at the beging of May was the first time we`d eaten at La Caletta. we enjoyed the experience sufficiently to eat there twice during the course of our stay.
Reading earlier reviews reveals the subjective nature of food enjoyment. for our part two visits should speak for itself...excellent on each occasion with the very minor hitch of a slight delay on our daughter`s main course order largely attributable, I`m sure, to our preety poor attemps at ordering in [Yorkshire] Italian, very quickly rectified anyway so no real problem.

Objectively welcome, service and atmosphere couldn`t be faulted. Salvato, the owner`s son, was the epitomy of Italian charm and Father, front of house and Mother, largely unseen in the Kitchen, were friendly, attentive and played a large part in our decision to return after the initial visit.

At a time of year when there are, perhaps, fewer tourists about it`s always a good sign to find a restaurant completely full of Italians, no doubt local, enjoying their food amidst loud conversation, laughter and creating an atmosphere which it`s a pleasure to be part of.

We liked it!

2  Thank JANETLskipton
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have read about La Caletta, and also the owner of the hotel I stayed in recommended it to me. It is one of the best restaurants in Italy I have ever been to (and I come to Italy some 3-4 times a year, each time to a different location). Everything there is meant to please the clients - delicious food (I preferred seafood), gorgeous wine, mouth-watering desserts, excellent service, hospitality. And surprisingly low prices. My only regret was that I discovered all these things a day before leaving. I should have gone there every day! And, by the way, it was not so easy to get a table - better make a reservation in advance.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed in Tellaro/Lerici for 3 days. Sampled 5 or 6 local restaurants. This was by far the worst. Service teetered between non-existant and surly.

Food requested was not available and replacement was subpar. It seemed like they were just trying to offload stuff they had in abundance. We wanted grilled seafood, they said we could only order fried. And we were seated for 15 - 20 minutes before anyone acknowledged us (and we had reservations). At the end of the meal, we had to chase down the server so we could pay her. (I've never experienced this in Italy or elsewhere).

I'm typically generous with reviews because A) my standards are reasonable and B) I realize a place can have an off night. But this was not a memorable experience. We had much better luck with other local places.

7  Thank Joe H