We were very excited to be going to this beautiful castle and booked well in advance as we knew st Patricks weekend would be busy but we wanted to stay in the castle itself as opposed to the houses which were attatched to the Hotel . We checked in and were shown to our room by a very friendly gentleman who pointed out various points of interest around the estate and as we opened the door I think he must have realised our disappointment when we saw we had an attic room with one velux window right above the bed which meant we had no view whatsoever and we're unable to open window as it meant rain could come in onto bed he pointed out it was a heritage building and as a result window were restricted we could understand that but felt we were short changed with the room we asked to change our room at reception but were told that would not be possible. Very disappointing. The food and service were excellent but stay clear of room 215 not so much queen of the castle more like attic Annie!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Rynn Castle is a 4 star deluxe hotel set on an estate of 350 acres. The Hotel comprises of 44 bedrooms, an AA Rosette Award Winning Restaurant and caters for functions up to 320 persons. A Victorian Walled Gardens takes you to the shores of Lough Rynn, natural woodland, meandering walk ways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lough Rynn Castle Estate & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Rynn Castle Estate And Gardens
- Lough Rynn Castle Estate & Gardens Hotel Mohill