The Laurels B & B
  • Restaurant
Park Hotel(Carrick-on-Shannon)
Bush Hotel(Carrick-on-Shannon)
View Hotel
All reviewssean karenfriendly hostsquiet locationlovely roomstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Ireland is truly a holy and historic land. My husband and I visited Mohill last month. Mohill is the birthplace of my maternal grandmother whom I loved very much. I was wonderful to be in the town where she grew up.
We stayed in The Laurels B&B. What a wonderful find!! Sean and Karen couldn't have been more helpful and warm and welcoming. They have great information to share and are interested in helping to search out heritage information. Sean is funny. I love a sense of humor. The room was a clean and comfortable en suite. Just up the street from the cattle market, it was cool to hear the cows mooing as we rested in our room. There is also a pub within hearing distance. So nice to hear the irish ballads and music when they opened the back door of the pub. Not disturbing noice - wonderful atmosphere. Thank you Sean and Karen. We had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank conferencetrips
Reviewed May 22, 2011

i was warmly welcomed by Sean and Karen , i felt at home almost immediately, the rooms were very spacious, very clean, and had en suites, tea/coffee making facilities, and television, and internet access.....the breakfasts were second to none and served always with a smile..and just the whole atmosphere of the B and B was absolutely fantastic..it was set in a beautiful spot, quiet, and yet the town was just a stones throw away..so the best of both i experienced..a beautiful town..and if i ever find myself going down to Southern Ireland again..this would be my choice again..i have nothing negative to say about The Laurels at all..

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank hazel1076
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying in the Laulels recently . I stayed for just one night and was particularly impressed with the level of hospitality I received. Sean and Karen were most oblidging. I found the Laurels to be an excellent and base for a wedding reception I attended nearby. Sean kindly offered to drop me off at the reception. My room was a decent size with the on-suite spotless. Breakfast normally concludes at 10am, but I was alowed a little leeway which is always a plus the morning after. Considering I was on my own I received what I thought was an attractive rate. The Laurels is located centrally is a quiet location downtown. If I'm attending Lough Rynn again I would definitely use the Laurels if there's a room available

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank JOCIreland
Reviewed August 29, 2010

8 of my family spent three nights in the Laurels, 4 adults and 4 children. Had a very warm welcome from the owners. Bedrooms and bathrooms were immaculate (Great to have TV, tea and coffe facilities in the rooms). Full Irish breakfast was arranged at a time we wanted and even the children's eating habits were catered for. I would highly reccommend this establishment to anyone who is visiting the Emerald Isle.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Bernie891
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Having visited Mohill and stayed at the Laurels B&B during the Connaught Fleadh, I thoroughly recommend this lovely bed and breakfast, we were greeted by the new owners Sean and Karen who are both professional and friendly. They made us very welcome. we really enjoyed the festivities of the Fleadh after enjoying a huge Irish breakfast which set us up for the day. I say of best of both worlds because this property is in the centre of town with all the conveniences of pubs and restaurants, but the quietness of the countryside which allowed us a good nights sleep in bright, clean airy rooms.
Nothing is too much trouble for this couple, who we learned had just taken over this B&B four weeks previously.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family