“Smashing posh pub grub!”

The Miners Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #10 of 18 Restaurants in Garforth
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I visited The Miners in Garforth with a couple of friends. The food was top notch and well worth the slightly higher than expected prices.
For starter I had the garlic mushrooms which were served in an ample portion and well presented and for main I had the beef and ale pie which was DELICIOUS! and also well presented with the pie being a large slice placed ontop of a bed of mash and a moat of peas.
I finished off with the hot chocolate fudge cake with custard which was also a nice large portion which went down very well indeed.
The only downside was that the Gents were a little bit on the dirty side but I suppose you cant be held accountable for other customers dirty toilet habits!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Just visited with family but was pretty disappointed with the food. We ordered a chilli jacket potato at just under £6. Jacket potato was microwaved, therefore not really a jacket potato and had large cold lumps in it. Also the chilli was incredibly spicy. I adore spicy food but this was full of chilli seeds and jalapeños and was just in general very average. Mr partner ordered the pulled pork ciabatta sandwich. Portion was pretty small and the sandwich incredibly dry as very limited sauce on the pork. Staff were helpful and pub very well maintained but the food was well below par and not very cheap. Quite disappointed really.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Good pub
plenty of psrking
tasty food, good portions
i had the big bobber burger, it was big and tsdty, good quality burgers
good service
we will be going again

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Went for late lunch, Saturday afternoon. Lovely pub, rustic feel to the place. Food- what can I say. Wonderful. Good size portions, we'll seasoned food. The desserts are a dream. Try this pub out. Good price. Pub down the road, standard pub grub and not very nice would cost you more. We will definitely be visiting again.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We went last night this bar - I had the Big Bopper Burger and it really was!! Didn't manage to finish it. My wife had a lasagne and it was full of meat. Would recommend it and we will certainly go back again in the future.