“Rude Staff Who Did Not Seem To Care”
Review of La Bella Vita

La Bella Vita
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Garforth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I visited with 5 friends on Sunday, the place was very busy so we expected to wait, however we were shown into an ante room and served drinks, then to our table, all seemed very organised, and the wait was not too bad. The food however was very hit and miss, bruscetta was very small and tasteless, meatballs the same, a main course pasta dish which should have been gluten free seemed to throw the place into dissarray, the waiter said he had no idea if it was gluten free and asked how he was supposed to know. Things then went further downhill, a steak ordered medium rare was almost well done, as they were busy I let that go but when at the end of the meal when I pointed out how the steak was cooked our beligerent waiter said well its too late now you've eaten it, and also he informed me it wasn't anything to do with him as he did not cook it. When I mentioned the sauce tasted vinegary, he gave me the dohhh expression and said it will do it has tomato sauce in it which contains vinegar. Realising this man did not care we asked for the bill and left never to return, there are much better Italian restaurants and I would suggest to anyone to find one,

2  Thank Alan R
Ben C, Manager at La Bella Vita, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Alan,

Thank you for the review. We are sorry that you felt the staff were rude on your visit. I can assure you that all our staff have received further training since your visit. I do however feel that your communication with the staff member may have got lost in translation. Gluten free is no issue for us as everything is cooked fresh so we can quite easily change any dish to the customer requirements - just to note there are no main course pasta dishes that are gluten free (you have to specify the option as stated on the menu) as you have suggested. Also I am confused as to why you would say that you would let the issue with the steak go only to say that you pointed it out. We would recommend to any customers that if you do have a problem with how the steak is cooked then please point this out to us asap so that we can rectify it. How people perceive a medium rare steak to be can be vastly different. We hope that you do have chance to visit our restaurant again as we feel that our standards are far higher than you have made out.

Kindest Regards
Ben

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Located on Garforth's main street. The food was decent & the house red was lovely. Good service too. Italian isn't my favourite food but we enjoyed ourselves nonetheless.

Ben C, Manager at La Bella Vita, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Many thanks for taking your time and coming back to write the review. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Just had lunch at this place and it was spot on. The starters and main were delicious. Having lived not too far away I feel ashamed to say that we have never visited this restaurant before but will certainly be back again soon.

1  Thank Julie H

Many thanks for the review. It is always pleasing to be able to pass on comments like this to the team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Have revisited the Bella Vita twice over recent weeks and the food and service was so much
better than my previous visit in July just hope they are over the blip

Many thanks for coming back and writing a further review. We are pleased that everything was much better and we hope the blip is indeed over. Again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future and hopefully we can further improve to get that 5 star rating.

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Loved it... Modern interior, great service and decent food... What more could you ask for.. Oh and our waitress looked like Lisabeth Salander lol

Ben C, Manager at La Bella Vita, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear that everything is to your satisfaction. I had to look up Lisabeth Salander but now I see the resemblance. I will certainly pass the comment on :-).

We look forward to seeing you again soon.