“enjoyable midweek meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Bella Vita

La Bella Vita
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Garforth
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
leeds
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“enjoyable midweek meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Went on a tuesday night was surprisingly busy. Having been here many times over the years I have generally not had a bad time, there were new menus from the last time i went a few months ago and although missing some of my personnel favourites but the new choices all seemed excellent, stuck to the fillet steak which was cooked perfectly to my taste and the sauce was beautiful (was a sauce i had previously not had), Couldn't fault the service was made to feel welcomed and wasn't too intrusive as I have found in some restaurants. Every body else t the table seemed to enjoy there time. bill wasn't too bad when compared to places in the city centre. Will happily return.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank 318geebs
Ben C, Manager at La Bella Vita, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. We looks forward to seeing you again soon.

Pontefract, United Kingdom
“Excellenté”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I love La Bella Vita.. Not been for a while and visited as a group of 4 to celebrate a 60th.

Food was gorgeous as always and the staff were polite and helpful making sure the champagne was flowing nicely.

Couldn't have asked for a better evening

• Visited July 2013
Ben C, Manager at La Bella Vita, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for the review and we are happy that you enjoyed the evening. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Leeds
“La bella vita extremely disappointing!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

A visit to La Bella Vita in Garforth for us was always a treat, and usually reserved for special occasions as it is not cheap, but the food matched the occasion and never disappointed. However after last nights visit, I am unlikely to go there again!
While waiting to be seated we examined the menu and both my wife and I said the same thing: "is that it? Have we got the right menu?" The extent of the menu appeared very limited indeed: no seafood pasta ( if you ignore cod and prawns), no duck, and the pasta dishes they did do, I felt lacked imagination(as well as content)
I particularly used to enjoy the garlic mushrooms as a starter: they would come in a filo basket, with loads of mushrooms and a great sauce. Imagine my disappointment when ordering last night to receive a ramekin with a few mushrooms and a thin sauce and a small, random, off-cut of garlic bread stuck down the side? Very amateur.
With the non-pasta dishes, you order your veg separately. You used to get loads of veg, my wife got 1 1/2 boiled pots and a few scrappy other bits
In my chicken and pepperoni dish were the smallest morsels of chicken I have ever seen, and not many of them either, together with a few bits of thinly sliced pepperoni. Also ( and I could be entirely wrong on this) the spaghetti was so thin, it appeared to be shop bought rather than freshly made. My dish must have cost them no more than a couple of quid to make.
We were sat almost in the main thoroughfare into the restaurant, tagged onto the end of the bar - not very comfortable at all, and the noise....... WAS DEAFENING ........You could not hear yourself think - I thought we had walked into a kids party at McDonalds. At one point they put they put on some background music: we occasionally picked up a bit of base line, but you could not tell what the tune was, and had to shout across the table to have a conversation.
The staff appeared to be running around like headless chickens in a free-for-all and there seemed to be little organisation. We felt frantic and stressed just watching them. One of them who brought our dishes actually seemed to be a little embarrassed at what they were serving to us.
All in all we felt that La Bella Vita had started to skimp on what they serve up to the customer and we felt so disappointed by this visit that we did not look at the sweet menu but paid and left.
I had thought of taking some relatives visiting from Australia there, but am pleased that i visited myself first as i would have felt so embarrassed. We will go somewhere else instead - Anyone know any good Italian Restaurants in the Garforth area?

• Visited July 2013
Ben C, Manager at La Bella Vita, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at our restaurant.

We recently changed the menu and is available to view on our website:
We do not believe that the menu is limited and we normally offer 3-4 specials of the day.

The mushroom starter does contain the same quantity as the pastry baskets so we can only presume that the dish that it was served in gave you a false perception.

We are sorry to hear that you felt the meals were not value for money. We try our upmost to ensure we are quite the opposite and we will try to improve this further based on your comments.

The restaurant does get noisy at peak times and we are currently looking into noise panels that may improve this. Sometimes being very busy does has its disadvantages and unfortunately noise is one of them.

We hope that you do come back in the near future.

North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Good food not so good service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

We have not visited this restaurant for a while and it definatly was not as good as it used to be. There were four of us and we had a 3 course meal, which was quite expensive.
The service was not very good at all, we were left quite a while before our order was eventually taken, The staff were not very friendly at all, no talking apart from what was nesessary or even smiling. The guy who took our sweet order and brought actually looked quite cross with us and would not engage in conversation. In all we had 4 different people serve us!
The starter I had was mushrooms in a white wine sauce, although nice ad quite a thin sauce, which I was expected to eat with a knife and fork. I actually had to ask for a spoon to finish eating it! My husband had to share my spoon as he had the same starter and no sppon was brought for him!
My main course was a calzone style pizza, which had a very thin cripy top , not pizza like at all. The filling actually had only 4 small bits ofpepperoni and very little else in it. I always order calzone pizzas when we go to italians and this was notm the best I have had. The pizzas that the other people in our arty had were very good thought I must say.
Also the sweets e got were very good, the panacotta was very tasty and the boys loved their chocolate pudding.
Although the whole experience was not too unpleasant, I do not think we would eat here again. They really need to get the staff to have some lessons in customer service1

• Visited June 2013
“Gorgeous food - staff okay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I love La Bella Vita and have eaten there a few times - always pleased with the food.
This time I had ribs for starter - DELICIOUS, and a garlic, prawn and chicken pizza - even more delicious!
One particular waitress was very nice - asking me about my recent holiday to Mexico etc.
However another waitress desperately needed to iron her uniform and looked a bit miserable. Another waiter handed the meals to us instead of laying them down on the table - I know this sounds snobby, but as I am a waitress too, I found this to be quite poor service. He then leaned across the table to pass my dad his dinner.
Still, a very enjoyable meal, however some staff need to practice their waiting skills.

Visited June 2013