“Great steak, great friendly service (I believe her name is Christine)”
Review of Miller & Carter

Miller & Carter
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Garforth
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Great steak, great friendly service (I believe her name is Christine)”
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

After a busy working week and late finish we needed to find a nice meal, fast, miller and carter is local so thought it'd be a good choice. Although it was gone 9.30pm they advised if we ordered quickly it was fine to eat :-) we both ordered an 8oz rump steak, done medium. The steak was perfect, I loved the onion loaf, salad wedge and fries. Unfortunately I had to take half my steak home as the meal was so filling. Best of all the service was fab, our waitress took time to talk to us and seemed really interested in what we had to say. Will definitley be returning very soon. Chateu briand next time !

• Visited June 2014

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Yummy!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

It was such a yummy meal! I picked ribs, these were in bbq sauce with a side or fries and slaw, i would highly recommend the ribs! The steak looked amazing too! Friendly staff and a lovely atmosphere!

Visited June 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Service Christine!! ”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I enjoyed a rare meal out together here on Friday evening.
The food was very good with our steaks perfectly cooked to our requests but it was our waitress, Christine, who made the evening most of all.
She had a lovely demeanour and was welcoming, friendly, professional and efficient from start to finish.
We will definitely return :-)

1 Thank georginac1963
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good food, well presented and served by pleasant staff.”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

It's a long while since we visited here so decided to give it another spin and we were not disappointed. We called on a Friday evening. It had been a long day and my partner and I were tired and hungry. From stepping through the door our spirits began to rise. The staff were friendly and courteous. We didn't have to wait for menus and our drinks orders were taken quickly.

We ordered the sharing platter to start with which although a bit pricey at £12-50 did come loaded. The only small criticism I would have is that the spinach & mozzarella dip which I think should have been warm wasn't and if it wasn't intended to be warm then it should have been. Otherwise he Platter's contents of Bourbon glazed pork belly bites, barbecue chicken wings,
dusted calamari, crispy onion loaf, nachos,and toasted ciabatta bread were good.

I then had the steak and ribs an 8oz rump steak and 1/2 a rack of ribs which with a price tag of £18-50 really needs to be good and it really was. Cooked to a perfect medium rare it was meltingly good. I have had fillet steaks that didn't match up and that is saying something.. My only criticism here was the accompanying sauce again was tepid. A small point but at £18-50 it should have been hot. And i am not a big fan of the iceberg lettuce wedge. I would much prefer a mixed salad, or some trendy leaves.

My partner had the Barbecue Chicken Breast Topped with crispy bacon, melted Monterey
Jack cheese and barbecue sauce. Which he pronounced very good.

We both loved the signature onion loaf whilst my partner had the fries which were flavoursome and plentiful I had the baked potatoe. Which I am pleased to say tasted fresh and not as is often the case as if it had been in the hot plate for a week.

We also ordered one of the lobster tails which was a bit disappointing and again a little tepid and a bit unnecessary really.

We rounded our meal off with the Indulgent Tasting Plate at £8.50 which they describe as a selection of white chocolate & pistachio iced parfait, rich chocolate brownie and sticky toffee pudding, served with vanilla bean ice cream. It was ok but didn't rock any boats.

A decent bottle of red and a couple of beers for my partner and and the good service we had meant we left the the restaurant contentedly full and in much better humour than we entered.

The only reason I haven't scored this restaurant excellent was because of the three items we received that I thought should be hotter. The dip, the borderlaise sauce and the lobster tail.

choice of seasoned fries or jacket potato

• Visited June 2014
leeds
“Birthday meal”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Been here a few times and I usually go for a 12 oz sirloin steak cooked rare. This time I went for a 12 oz T bone cooked the same way....never again as it was full of white stringy tendons and fat as this was my partners birthday meal I didn't want to spoil the occasion. I will stick to the sirloin next time!!