“Handily located - ticks most boxes”

Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Garforth
Reviewed April 2, 2014

The hotel is in a good location for getting around the Yorkshire Cities with good access to motorways etc. It was a pleasant stay without being exceptional and would definitely use the hotel again. I thought the restaurant was a high spot with a very varied menu which went beyond what you normally find in a chain hotel restaurant. Breakfast was good and the only thing missing was the black pudding ( come on - this is Yorkshire!!)
Our room was on the small side but was clean and everything was there.

The Spa facility was a bit on the spartan side. Small pool and missing a few basics like hairdryers and cozzie spin driers . However it was clean and , although dated , was well maintained.

The staff were exceptionally friendly and a credit to IHG .

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear TerryBOxfordEngland,

Thank you for your feedback. It is lovely to hear you liked our location and you had a pleasant stay. We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we look forward to your next visit.

Connie D

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stayed for 1 night with friends. We were greeted by a very nice receptionist who did all she could to make us welcome. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the breakfast fare was both plentiful and tasty. They did everything we asked pleasantly and without fuss. Would we stay again? Certainly!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2014

it was for a 1 night stopover and this provided reasonable service, I must concur with previous comments about it being overdue for refurbishment but it can be seen that changes are happening, the old CRT tv's are gone and flatscreens are now present, the room furniture looks relatively new and the public areas are attractive without being garish, these could be considered for improvement but I feel economic reasons will prevail. I stayed in room 186 and overall I enjoyed my room, minor points to note, housekeeping should have reported that one of the bed lampshades is badly damaged, the walls had strange black markings that have been tried to be overpainted but are still showing through, this is why my above rating is what it is,

Room Tip: ask for room closer to reception, mine was up 2 flights of stairs and at the end of a long corridor
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Very poor hotel which is a shame as this has obviously been a good hotel in the past .Very tired looking in the main entrance but the real let down is the lack of basic cleaning in all areas from rooms,Qom,pool and public areas. The rooms are very grubby with pubic hairs left in the bathrooms,very tired looking towels and curtains .The food is particularly poor and we eat across the road in the local steakhouse due to a few in our party having quite a few stomach problems . Avoid if you can as this is Avery poor example of a holiday inn.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Dear Alan S,

I appreciate that you took the time to leave our property a review. It is certainly regrettable that we were not able to provide an exemplary experience on this occasion. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you may have had with the room you were given and if the food served was a disappointment. We will definitely address your comments with the management to consider for improvements needed in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Pam G

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed at this hotel to attend a wedding of 2 very special people. I am a wheelchair user with considerable difficulty walking. When I made the booking, I followed up the online reservation with a telephone call to explain I would need a room near reception in order to be able to attend the wedding, eat meals etc as I could not walk far. I arrived to check in and my room was so far away they had to drive me round the outside of the hotel in a car. They said there was nothing else available and Central reservations were to blame. I was upset and reduced to tears. I did not know what to do. Someone else spoke up for me and many guests were appalled, I did not want to upset the special couple as a scene was starting to develop. I accepted the car round, and the offer of complimentary room service for that evening as I could not come to the front of the hotel. Next morning, using my walking stick, I attempted to get to the breakfast area through the hotel, as it was still the end of the worst storm in 85 years outside. I ended up on my hands and knees, There was one large flight of stairs down, which I got down backwards, and then 3 small flights of stairs up with a sign saying ask for the platform lift at reception!!! If I could get up the stairs easily to ask at reception, I would not NEED the lift! I struggling getting back to my room to prepare for the wedding as I now had to get UP the large flight of stairs. I was crying in pain, and on my hands and knees when a maintenance worker then offered to help me, but I found this extremely embarrassing, A friend than drove me round the outside to the front of the building for the wedding. I had spent a lot of time preparing, but my hair was blown all over the place, my fascinator was blown out, and I got wet. I was forced to do this for the rest of the weekend. The dishes from my Friday night room service were still in my room when I checked out on the Sunday. I could not complain more at the Hotel as it would have spoilt the wedding of my friends, but I have tried to complain since I arrived home, but no-one has returned my emails or calls. To add insult to injury, my bank shows I was overcharged £100. This Hotel is NOT accessible and they should have informed me of this upon booking as I would have stayed somewhere else. They had my phone number so could have contacted me to say they could not meet my needs at any time before I arrived at the Hotel. This might have given me time to prepare rather than be reduced to tears in front of all the other guests trying to check in. I have also had Holiday Inn as my preferred brand but this was the worst hotel stay of my life.

Room Tip: family rooms are NOT accessible
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear Hazeldance,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We have sent you a private message to address your concerns further.

Kind Regards,

Pam G

Reviewed February 17, 2014

traveled with parrys international hotel was clean food was not dad the staff were fantastic, check in was done in mins .bar area is a bit small but over all the hotel was not bad i will stay here again

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear benitrue,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. I appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind words intended for the staff. It is also very nice to know that you noticed the cleanliness of our hotel. Hence, I am sorry you did not find our bar area to your liking. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen G.

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We normally stay in a standard room at Holiday Inn Garforth but we decided on our latest visit to stay in an executive room.

The room was spacious and nicely decorated with large and comfortable bed, mini bar, safe, tea/coffee/biscuits, complimentary bottles of water and trouser press. Bathrobes and slippers were also supplied.

There was an armchair with foot stool in the corner of the room. Unfortunately the TV was not flat screen and there were only a handful of channels available.

The bathroom was small but the shower was powerful enough and there was a good selection of toiletries provided. Well worth paying the extra for an executive room which we will do on future visits.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank paullegate
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garforth
Best Western Plus Milford Hotel
Ibis Leeds Centre
Ibis Leeds Centre
#33 of 87 in Leeds
Village Hotel Leeds South

Been to Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth? Share your experiences!