“Weekend Breaks”

Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Garforth
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the last two years.
Polite helpful friendly staff help make very enjoyable breaks.
Lovely surrounding countryside & only a quick drive into Leeds city cetre.
very pleasant Swimming pool/ Sauna & Steam room to enjoy.
The only negative is that the rooms are reaching the stage where they will soon need re-furbishing.
Overall a nice weekend break.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

location is great just off the motorway . Beds are very uncomfortable had 6 hours sleep over 2 nights, tv didn't work and although rooms clean need a general overhaul. Booked special offer which included evening meal, wish I hadn't bothered. Steak was disgusting , even the fish and chips was extremely poor. Breakfast on the other hand was lovely.

• Stayed: June 2013
Sarah Y, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to us. I am very pleased to hear you mentioned our friendly staff however please accept my apologies that there were aspects of your visit that did not meet your expectations, I am disappointed that you left our hotel with such a poor impression as your experience certainly doesn't reflect the usual high standards of service, hospitlity and comfort we strive to provide.

We were very sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with your restaurant experience. As you will see reading back through previous guests feedback, we regularly get excellent reviews for the quality and standard of food in our Restaurant so it is of great disappointment to hear of your experience on this particular occasion. Please accept our sincere apologies for what is very much an isolated experience and we will certainly be carrying out re-training with our team to ensure a similar experience does not happen in the future.

We hope that we can welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth in the future.

Sarah

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed over for a Xmas party. Room miles away from the function which makes life difficult when you're walking in 5 inch heels. Staff unfriendly and we felt we were more of a hindrance . We had a free room which didn't include breakfast and I was watched like a hawk the following morning when I joined my friends in case I dared bite my friends croissant . I drank my coffee and left. This hotel is local to me but I wouldn't stay there again. The rooms are very tired and the staff need a lesson in customer service .

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay and we are sorry to hear of your disappointment. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We very much appreciate such constructive criticism, as it enables us to make improvements and to provide the high standards of service which our guests expect from us.

I hope we have the oppourtunity to serve you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Sarah

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I booked this hotel for 2 nights..2 rooms.I read the reviews on it after I booked it. There were so many bad reviews that I started to panic. However when I got there everything was fine.Beautiful location..clean rooms..great service. One room had an old bath ..the other had a new one..I would advice the hotel to change all old baths and beds. I would advice asking before you come to have the rooms cleaned spotlessly. I did this and it worked. My daughter loved the swimming pool and it really was a good trip all round.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay here at the hotel. It was good to hear that you found the location and the hotel more than accomodating. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. It is great to read such positive comments from our guests, the team and I are very grateful. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth for leisure next time.

Sarah Y

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here on business a few weeks back. I would normally stay at Thorpe Park or Wood Hall but the recession has taken it's toll on our expenses budgets so downmarket we go...

To be fair it was okay; not the Ritz but certainly not as horrific as some reviews would have you beleive. The staff were all pretty friendly and althought the rooms are small, a bit tired looking and not brilliant wrt facilities, mine was clean and quiet enough for a reasonable night's sleep.

It wouldn't be my first choice if budgets weren't limited but it's put-up-able-with for one night.

Best thing about the hotel is that it's very handy for Garforth's amazing Indian Restaurant "The Aagrah" which is a few miles up the A642. It'a actually walkable if you dont mind a 30 min walk, which is great for walking off your Madras on the way back. But not so great if you dring too much Lal Toofan and are bustin' by the time you get back - you have been warned!

Room Tip: Go to Thorpe Park instead.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Sarah Y, Aministrtive Assistant at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking your time to leave a review. I am pleased you mentioned our friendly staff service as to strive to provide the best service for all our guests! I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed the surrounding resturants Garforth has to offer. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is the second I've had to stay in The Holiday Inn at Garforth. The last time was about 7 years ago and it was a very sad run down place then. It's had a coat of paint since then but little else has been done to improve this rather grotty Holiday Inn.
With the exception of the receptionist, all the staff we met just didn't seem to care if we wanted something or not. They were all badly trained, noisy and poorly turned out.
The room was ok-ish but needed a thorough clean. It was VERY difficult to get to the room with a heavy suitcase, cameras, a laptop, etc. There were three small flights of stairs, one large flight of stairs and several doors. All that just to arrive about 20 yards from where I'd started!
The en-suite bathroom was tired, dirty and in urgent need of updating.
If I hadn't had top book in here at the last minute because of work commitments I would certainly look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else or stay at home.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear happydriver,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the layout of the hotel, and conditions of the room prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had read all the horrible reviews here on TA before arriving, and have to say I was positively surprised. Although the rooms were a bit out of fashion (but nice and clean), the entire experience was perfectly OK. During the week we stayed here, we tried eating in both the bar and the restaurant, and found both pretty good (the "Ultimate burger" in the bar was very nice). Have to say I liked the Breakfast buffet as well.

Service all around was good, and the only thing I found negative was, as mentioned that the rooms were a bit outdated.

Will be staying here again next week, and could easily recommend it to a friend/colleague.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cerios
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear cerios,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We are truly delighted to know you enjoyed your overall stay at our hotel. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garforth
Holbeck
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre
Holbeck
Clayton Hotel Leeds
Clayton Hotel Leeds
#14 of 87 in Leeds
Ibis Leeds Centre
#32 of 87 in Leeds

Been to Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth? Share your experiences!