“Tuesday stay @ Garforth”

Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Garforth
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Tuesday stay @ Garforth”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel due to Bpool playing Leeds on Wed. We arrived on Tuesday and were Booked in quickly being a Gold member. Room 76 was clean but small.With my nephew being with us not a lot of space to Move about and a TV Which had come from Noah's Arc it was old. The staff were friendly & helpful & ordered us a taxi to the. Indian Restaurant. On our return we had a drink at the bar one of which was free. On arrival we used the Pool for A Nice swim also before Breakfast. On retiring to the room for the night I found the bed to be small & hard as a brick my back hurt all day Wednesday. The Breakfast was very nice & Chef Happy to cook eggs fresh. Reasonable Stay but lagging behind some of the others we stay at.

• Stayed February 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear neilwatson54,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you liked our pool and breakfast service. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. We are sorry you found the television in your room out of date. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Lera P
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Wales
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We arrived late but were welcomed warmly. The room was clean and had everything we needed. Staff were cheery throughout our stay. The breakfast was fine and we enjoyed our stay. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night, no issues with the room it was clean but the bed was like sleeping on a brick. The wifi signal is poor and really not worth trying - it definetely needs upgraded. Ate dinner in the hotel and there was a carvery on - quite tasty although the dessert was definetely not worth the £5. Good choice for breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear skill39,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are very sorry that the bed was not to your liking. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world class service to our guests.

Connie D
Blairgowrie, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here once more against my better judgement. A mistake! This is the worst Holiday Inn I've ever had to spend a night in. And I won't ever again.
Firstly, don't expect any special treatment as a Priority Club member. I'm a Platinum member and when I asked if an upgrade was possible was told that the hotel was full. Phoned reception afterwards, pretending to be a possible customer, to ask about room availability and, surprise, surprise, no shortage of rooms including executive rooms.
My standard room was tiny with a very old TV and hopeless WIFI although "free". Something worthless that is free is still pointless. Possibly works in main lobby but I don't want to spend my whole evening there.
This was the smallest hotel room that I've stayed in for ages. The main body of the room was approx 8' x 11' with no place to put my case other than in the wardrobe. No bigger than a B & B in a private home. IHG - this is not acceptable.
The restaurant was busy with what appeared to be a coach party. Had to eat early if I wasn't prepared to wait till 8.30. Carvery was the main option. I ordered a meal from the kitchen with a side salad. When my main course arrived I was told that I had to go up and serve myself to a salad from the buffet bar. If I had wanted to serve myself I would go to motorway service station. There is a pub/steak house within a few hundred yards that I've used before and I regret not using this time.
The hotel is generally shabby and badly in need of an upgrade. It does have a small gym and pool but it didn't look all that inviting so I didn't use.
The staff do no more than they have to and look like they just want to get home asap.
Strongly suggest that you look elsewhere for a room. Perhaps the Holiday Inn Express a few miles away?

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you can. WIFI is hopeless. Food is overpriced for the quality.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ifand
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear ifand,

Thank you for the detailed review of our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I sincerely regret that on this day you were disappointed with the condition of the room accommodations you were given. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Once again, thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention.

Pam G.
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Garforth hotels

yorkshire
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stopped here on a Superbreak mystery hotel weekend. The staff were great,very friendly and what is rare in some places they smiled.Yes the rooms are in need of a up grade but the rooms are ok. The beds are hard but we like that so had 2 good nights sleep. The swimming pool is ok but surrounding area is in need of a deep clean/descale as well as the shower head. They had a offer on the food 3-2-1, 3 course meal for 2 and a bottle of wine for £40 which was very nice, but the pudding let it down. The pudding was like something you get in a supermarket. The breakfast I can't fault, very nice food. We enjoyed the stay and would go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night on a trip to the north east. Reception staff very helpful and cheery made us feel very welcome. Got a room upgrade also, thanks to priority club and also free wifi. Restaurant was ok with a limited menu but the rib eye steak was very nice.
Hotel is a little tired and corridors are cold, but its not one I would avoid just because of that. All in all value for money.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lee, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We went to the holiday inn garforth for valentines night and had the special valentines menu,we
were seated in seperate area and it was all very nice.The tables were nicely set with balloons and confetti and a red rose for evry lady.The food was really good and the staff really helpfull in every way. My only complaint was the toilets which i visited around 9.30 sadly not everyone leaves them as i would like to find them however when i checked the service list on the wall they had not been checked since 5.00 this i think needs more management checks.Also may i suggest that the toilet brushes be removed as i know very well how to clean a toilet but do not need to see the utensil that is used.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garforth
Leeds City Centre
Novotel Leeds Centre
Holbeck
Clayton Hotel Leeds
Clayton Hotel Leeds
#12 of 87 in Leeds

Been to Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth? Share your experiences!