“superb location”

Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Pahalgam
mumbai
“superb location”
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I with my wife and child stayed at heevan retreat in the month of April 2013... As suggested by trip advisor I asked for a River facing room and luckily got one. room no. 205. The view from the room was breathtaking. snow capped mountains, lush greenery and the lidder River flowing below. . it was like a beautiful painting. One can spend hours just sitting besides the window and listening to the gushing of the River. The room needed renovation as the plug points were Coming out. the bathroom roof was leaking and the wallpaper peeling off.I talked to Mr.Basharat khan who is the corporate manager food and beverages,AHAD hotels and he told me that it's very difficult to even bring a brick into pahalgam for renovation as d rules r very strict.
Anyways the service by the staff was excellent. everybody was ever smiling and trying to please everybody, even guests who did not get River facing rooms were told they would b adjusted later. The food was also good especially the tandoori Chicken and kashmiri pulao.As I stayed there for three days the menu got repeated on the third day but it was not an issue for me as i m not that fussy. breakfast was good and they also Serve complimentary evening tea. The place was packed with group tourists but d staff was managing well.
They also have free wifi which kept me connected even in my room on the second floor. overall I had a great time and I would recommend this place in pahalgam. keep it up.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Just as its sister concern Heevan Retreat, Gulmarg, the hotel rooms are dismal! We were given a room that faced a shed and told we had the "jungle view". Mr Imtiaz may have convinced other guests about this view but as seasoned travelers we were amused. The kitchen staff was caring and excellent. They tried their best to meet all our demands some of which were difficult too. The location of this hotel is absolutely breathtaking and just for that, we turned a blind eye to the basic rooms where fittings were either broken or linen was torn. Think twice as to whether you can deal with this before you book.

Room Tip: "Room 304 but 3 flights up"
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
AhadHotels, Corporate Manager at Hotel Heevan Pahalgam, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed the hotel location and service of the food and beverage department!

I’m terribly sorry for the inconvenience concerning room, with due respect, here I would like to mention we always give first preference to guests to choose the rooms, but it depends on the availability of the rooms location, however, your comments are taken on board and will be looked after.

If I may be of service to you in any way, or if there is anything additional that you wish to share about your experience that might be helpful in this regard, I would be delighted to hear from you.

We do hope we can look forward to welcoming your return to Ahad Hotels and Restorts in near future. We do hope that we may have the opportunity to change your view upon your next visit to Hotel Heevan Pahalgam.

Kind regards
Amravati, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have visited more than half the world, even in switzerland i have never come across any hotel which provides with such a location.. Hill and ice view on all sides and the fact that it is located on the banks of water body makes it an excellent stay. I was assisted by Mr. Jawed Ahmad Zargar in my stay and he was very helpful in every aspect and gave good guidance.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 110
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
AhadHotels, Corporate Manager at Hotel Heevan Pahalgam, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm delighted to know you had an enjoyable stay with us and took advantage of the unique location the Hotel Heevan Pahalgam offers. Our unique location is one of the many reasons, Hotel Heevan is the luxury destination in Pahalgam Kashmir.

Should you find yourself in Kashmir in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me at info@ahadhotelsandresorts.com and I would be more than delighted to welcome you to the Ahad Hotels and Resorts Srinagar Kashmir! which have properties at all three major destination of Kashmir.

Best regards
Bangalore
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed in this hotel from last so many years.The hotel is very nicely located and maintained. The view from the hotel room was very beautiful. Snow capped mountains and river flowing down below looked awesome. We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel It is one of the best hotel in its class at Pahalgam especially the staff Mr.Javaid front office Manager if i remember well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us whilst in Pahalgam we realise you have a choice when making a reservation and truly value that you chose this Hotel in the past too.

I'm happy to read that you were impressed by our amazing views and location and that you enjoyed your experience at Hotel Heevan Pahalgam, please know I will share your feedback with Mr. Javaid Resident Manager of the Hotel and entire team.

Thank you once again and we do hope to welcome you again to Ahad Hotels and Resorts in the near future.

Bangalore
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The location of the property is excellent; service excellent and the staff very friendly but it is the management that needs to wake up and do something to make staying pleasurable. The rooms are dingy and the bathrooms smelly and corroded other than the river view rooms. e stayed for 2 nights and suffered our nightmare the first night. On the second night we were shifted to Suite 125 which is the best room of the hotel. We enjoyed our night but were disappointed to find our beds soaking wet and the room leaking from the roof when it rained. Thankfully we were departing that afternoon.

The friendly staff mention that repairs are not permitted because of some government permission issues.

The food is bad. The management needs to look into both these aspects to ensure a good clientele.

Room Tip: Choose a river view room. suite 25 or 111 is good
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
AhadHotels, Corporate Manager at Hotel Heevan Pahalgam, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for your recent experience whilst staying with us at the Hotel Heevan Pahalgam. I am truly shocked to read your review, please know that we take your feedback seriously and a full investigation is currently in progress. As you can see from our past reviews Hotel Heevan prides itself on our passion for service, this has been reflected in our past Trip Advisor rankings and I am truly appalled that this has not been your experience.

I would like to speak with you further regarding your stay and would ask that you please contact me via email basharat@ahadhotelsandresorts.com or ph. 91-194-2501323.
I look forward to speaking with you shortly.

Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Dear all, i stayed here in third week of April 2013. Location of this property is excellent as its besides river with nice view of snow mountains. I had got river and mountain facing room which was really awesome. In month of April, even if you sit on lawn outside hotel then you don't have to go out for sight seeing. The best thing about hotel is their staff, they are really friendly and helpful. During my stay I met Mr. Basharat Khan Ahad(Manager, heevan group of hotels) who was a pleasant personality with helpful nature. Me and my Family really enjoyed stay here. I strongly recommend this hotel with river view room for stay in Pahalgam.

Room Tip: Ask for river facing room.......you wont regret.
1 Thank Jagdish L
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your your outstanding review and awesome recommendation! that is a very high praise indeed! We are delighted that your family had a good stay at our property and were happy with our location and service.

Our Team Members are one of our biggest assets; they are all professional, friendly, and eager to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay. It is such a pleasure when we can share positive comments such as yours with the team.

Thank you again for staying with us,Should you find yourself in Kashmir in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at info@ahadhotelsandresorts.com and I would be more than delighted to welcome you to the Ahad Hotels and Resorts Srinagar Kashmir! which have properties at all three major destination of Kashmir.

Kind regards
Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed in room no.-303 of this hotel for two days from 30/03/2013 to 31/03/2013 during our visit to Kashmir. The hotel is very nicely located and maintained. The view from the hotel room was very beautiful. Snow capped mountains and river flowing down below looked awesome. The staff was very cordial. We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel and look forward to stay again in same hotel if we get an opportunity to visit that place again in future. It is one of the best hotel in its class at Phalgham.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family