“Best hotel in Pahalgam”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Pahalgam
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Best hotel in Pahalgam”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The best hotel we stayed in pahalgam. Earlier we tried Pine and Peak but believe me Heevan is the best option you have there. The location, rooms, food and scene outside the rooms window takes away your breathe. Trying having food at Dana pani and you will be delighted.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank RubinaMobin
ahadhotels, Corporate Manager at Hotel Heevan Pahalgam, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to the Pahalgam. Also, thank you for sharing your detailed feedback and review here on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to learn that you found our dining venue 'Dilkusha', as well as the overall service standards to your expectations.

We are really happy to learn that you enjoyed our dream-world location with Lidder river flowing by the side with spectacular view.

Once again, thank you for your kind feedback and we hope that you will return soon.
Please feel free to contact me for any further assistance.

Your Sincerely
Basharat Khan
Corporate Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed at 5 different hotels on my 7 day trip to Kashmir and believe me this is the place I cannot forget. The location is awesome, near lidder river surrounded by peak trees and mountains. The hotel is the best for their services, food and comfort level, I am forced to plan my trip again at this hotel coming Sep.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Yasin P
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Heevan Pahalgam.

Thank you for taking your valuable time to highlight your comments, as it is only with guest feedback that we can improve upon our services. We will surely communicate your positive comments with our colleagues.

Thank you once again for your gracious feedback and the entire team at Heevan Hotel, Pahalgam looks forward to welcoming you back in September 2013..

Please feel free to contact me for any further assistance at basharat@ahadhotelsandresorts.com

Your Sincerely
Basharat Khan
Corporate Manager
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 17, 2013

we had been to Kashmir between 28th dec to 2nd January and stayed here for two days...the best experience of hotel we had in Kashmir was hotel heevan pahalgam ...excellent service,such a nice view , specially I would like to thank mubbasir for his kind service at restaurant ,food was really awesome ,view from room which was facing to riverside was the best thing in hotel...would recommend this hotel as excellent...firdos,yusuf

Room Tip: select a room facing riverside
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank firdos k
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed January 11, 2013

One of the best hotels with superb scenic location, excellent service, friendly staff and delicious food.
We had an excellent stay and enjoyed every moment of it. The staff was extremely customer friendly and cooperative. The Location is beautiful.

Anis

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Anis_Kazi
pune
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had been to Kashmir between 16th-22nd Dec2012. I had contacted the Ahad hotels office-Mr Azhar in Srinagar( which i found on the net) they own a chain of hotels by the name of Heevan in Srinagar, Pahalgam and Gulmarg. It was a good idea to contact them directly as they arranged for our stay at both Pahalgam and Srinagar at their Hotels and also arranged for a vehicle for all the seven days. The best part was Mr Azhar on his own offered a discount of 30% for the stay and food at their hotels.
Hotel Heevan Pahalgam is at a very good location and since it snowed the day we reached it was very beautiful. There was snow all around the Hotel. The food and service was good. We had booked deluxe double rooms which had a heater and electric blankets besides it being centrally heated after 6 pm. In spite of the night temperature being below 0 degrees we had good sleep due to the heating.
One thing to be noted is that at Pahalgam you have to compulsorily rent the local taxi for sight seeing even though you may have rented a vehicle for all the days through the Hotel. I contacted Mr Azhar at Srinagar from the hotel and they arranged for a local vehicle for local sight seeing at no extra cost. It was the same case when we visited Gulmarg during our stay at Srinagar. Your rented vehicle is allowed to go up to Tanmarg from where you have to rent a local vehicle to Gulmarg( a ride of 13 Km). After speaking to the hotel manager of Heevan Srinagar they had asked our driver to arrange a vehicle from Tanmarg for which we did not pay anything extra. But this was only because we had hired the vehicle for all the 7 days of our stay in Kashmir. So I would advice future travelers to discuss these issues prior to your journey.
Overall it was a very enjoyable stay at Heevan Pahalgam.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the Lidder river
7 Thank smita r
Noida, India
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Excellent location. Best part was the particular room we stayed - Room no 125. This was a suite room in 1st floor. One can have views in two directions. One can see the river, the mountains, the jungle...everything. Lots of sunlight in the room. Room is very large with good furnitures. There were electrical blankets in the bed. Hotel was Wifi enabled but internet was not working for some reason. There was a gas heater in the common lobby but they did not switch it on on the first night when the number of people in the hotel was less. If you are interested about eating outside, the main market is more than a KM away. In winter, the options are limited there too. The Pony ride and taxi (to Betaab and Aru Valley) are cheaper if you walk for 10 mins towards the market. In front of the hotel - they ask for a lot. Pony ride to 4 points was Rs 600 in front of the hotel but came down to Rs. 300 after some bargaining away from the hotel (near the main bridge). I heard someone took a taxi to Betaab Valeey (6KM?) and back for Rs 500 from the hotel - do not know the vehicle type. I went to the taxi stand near the market and took a taxi to Betaab valley and back and then to Aru Valley (12KM) and back in a Maruti Omni- all for Rs 950.

They do not switch on the central heating for the Suite room. The explanation given was not satisfactory. They arranged for electrical heaters but after connecting a couple of those, the power started tripping every 10 mins.
But, when reported - at least 3-4 persons came up and tried to solve the issue as best as they could. Very sincere and polite staff.

Hyderabad
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My Kashmir trip was from Dec-23 to Dec-28 2012 and I booked a Double delux room at Heevan Pahalgam for 2 nights (Dec 25 - 26) as I have a 2 yr old Kid.
When I reached the hotel on 25th noon I was impressed with the location, but when I checked into the room I was shocked to see that I was allocated a normal room which was very small and with queen size bed which is just sufficient for a couple. When I asked the manager there, he said all other rooms are occupied and I will be given a double delux room the next day, but I was charged for double delux room price.
Moreover it was damn cold and the staff informed that the central heating in all rooms is operated only from evening 6:00 pm to 12:00 am and they would provide a personal room heater which was of no use. My kid fell ill and we didn't stay there the next day and asked the hotel staff if they could provide us a room at Hotel Heevan Srinagar and thankfully they did it and we immediately travelled back to Srinagar. My experience in Heevan Srinagar was no good either, will write a separate review on that.
The food was very bad...overall I had a terrible time with Heevan hotels both in Pahalgham and Srinagar.

Room Tip: Do not Prefer this hotel during winters, as the heating system is pathetic and hot water supply is a...
4 Thank Arunkanth_ev