“Best day trip!!!”

Private Tour: Cage Dive with Great White Sharks from Cape Town
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Kleinbaai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Marine Dynamics shark tours is the industry's leading white shark cage diving operator - dispelling the myths about sharks one client at a time. Not only can you expect a 5-star service start to finish, Marine Dynamics shark tours contributes directly to local white shark research by being the primary sponsor to the accredited non-profit, the Dyer Island Conservation Trust. Marine Dynamics is the preferred operator for National Geographic, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, the BBC, South African Tourism and many more internationally recognized organizations. As you will see from our reviews, our staff are not only the most knowledgeable in the business but equally the most passionate about great white sharks and providing you an excellent experience you will never forget. Marine Dynamics operates out of The Great White House in Gansbaai, South Africa, where you will be treated to our 5-star hospitality underneath South Africa's only privately owned Southern right whale skeleton! Our custom-built vessel, Slashfin, was launched in 2010 and comes with all the modern amenities expected in a top quality vessel. Marine Dynamics guarantees a marine biologist, a videographer, and best value for money on every trip.
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best day trip!!!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This was the best part of our trip!
Marine Dynamics were friendly throughout the day, very knowledgeable and we both felt safe whilst on the boat with them.
We saw 9 great white sharks and had a go in the cage twice.
They provided us with life jackets and other safety equipment along with a wet suit and necessary accessorises and towels. We also had a nice lunch and hot drinks for after the dive.
The boat held 40 people but it didn't feel crowded. The day was well organised and we would most definitely go again.

Visited January 2014
MarineDynamics, Public Relations Manager at Marine Dynamics, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Lovely!!! Thank you dearly for your awesome review!!! So happy to hear we could contribute to the best part of your trip! That's amazing! Well, we're looking forward to having you back on board with us in the future!!!

Warm regards,

• Polish first
Ottawa, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Absolutely Incredible!”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Spending a day with Marine Dynamics was probably one of my favorite things I have done in my life! It was such an incredible experience to see these amazing animals.

The day started with coffee and breakfast in the Great White House, followed by a safety video and briefing. The staff thoroughly went over what to expect and how the day would flow. We were then led out to the boat to start the adventure. It was a short boat ride to the area we’d be dropping anchor, and within minutes of stopping a beautiful white shark was slowly cruising around us. I’ve been fascinated by them for years and to see one with my own eyes was an amazing moment for me. I would have been satisfied if the day had ended there!

We all excitedly changed into our wet suits, geared up with goggles and weight belt and into the cage we went. Unfortunately the visibility under water was limited due to an algae bloom, but you could still get a sense of the massive size of these animals when they passed close to the cage. I was lucky enough to see a couple of partial breeches (where they pop their head up out of the water to grab at the seal decoy) just beyond the cage as well… what a thrill!
When my time in the cage was up I settled on the top deck of the boat to watch the action. We were visited by nine individual white sharks that day and were blessed with some very active animals. I really can’t express in words how fantastic it was to see these creatures… not the ravenous, dangerous beasts of myth and movies, but the curious, selective and beautiful animals that they are.

When the time came to head back to the dock the skipper swung us by Geyser Rock to check out the seal colony. Observing this massive population of Cape Fur Seals was a real treat. After returning to the Great White House we were treated to a lovely lunch and had an opportunity to speak to staff about the conservation issues affecting the white sharks and the area. The staff’s passion for the sharks shone through in every way throughout the day. You can tell that they genuinely care about the health and well-being of the sharks and the general marine environment. I picked Marine Dynamics for my dive because of their commitment to conservation and the furthering of white shark research and I was not disappointed.

I will absolutely be planning another dive in the future, and I can unequivocally say that it will be with Marine Dynamics. I cannot say enough good things about the organization and their staff.

Visited April 2014
What an absolute stunner of a review!!! Thank you so much, this has made our day here at Marine Dynamics headquarters :) !!! " I really can’t express in words how fantastic it was to see these creatures… not the ravenous, dangerous beasts of myth and movies, but the curious, selective and beautiful animals that they are." You clearly got the bigger picture of what we try to achieve here. Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Kindest regards,

London, United Kingdom
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“An unforgettable experience, would do this again”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was one of the most amazing experiences we had. Marine Dynamics were very professional. We were picked up from Cape Town, driven down to Kleinbaai and given a safety briefing. It was well organised, and we were well looked after. The guys on board are highly knowledgeable and we felt very safe in their hands. We experienced visits by nine different great whites, so we had an awesome day. We went in the cage in turns, and as it was a small group we were given ample opportunities to go diving several times. They supply all the dive suits, and you get changed on the boat which can be a bit difficult when there are so many people next to you. It was a whole day affair and we loved every minute of it, and would not hesitate doing this all over again. We highly recommend Marine Dynamics.

Visited October 2013
MarineDynamics, Public Relations Manager at Marine Dynamics, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Showeeee, thanks for the brilliant review and recommendation!!! Sounds like you had a blast out at sea and we are so happy to hear you would do this again! Please do let us know should you ever visit Gansbaai or Cape Town again. We would love to have you back on board :)

Warm regards,

London, United Kingdom
“I would do this again.”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I had an amazing experience. We were really very lucky, the day before they had very bad visibility with both cloudy sea water and fog in the air and few Sharks. We had blue skies, and lots of animals.

On the boat trip out to the dive spot, we were chased by dolphins and seagulls and we even saw a Sun fish. The water visibility was not the best that day and you could only see the shark when it was very close, but that only served to make it an even stranger experience. With your head above the water you could see a fin coming your way and we dipped below the surface there was nothing but cloudy sea water, then suddenly a shark seemed to lunge out of the murk and disappear just as quickly.

The cage experience was strange and a little disconcerting. The cage is attached to the side of the boat. but it rocks back and forth, and the sea water swills inside the cage giving you no fixed point. You can't hold on to the outside of the cage only three bars on the inside are safe to hold onto. It seems simple, but took a bit of practice to get the hang of it. I did see one shark head-butt the cage so it is really possible to lose a few fingers if you hold on to the cage.

I liked the cage experience, hated it when i accidentally took a mouth full of sea water and chump oil, but I loved being on the deck taking photos. I got to see more of the sharks, seven in total that day and I love photography so I felt it was the better experience.

All in all a wonderful day on the boat and the drive to Gansbaai from Cape Town was lovely to. I would do this again.

Visited April 2014
Thank you for the excellent review!!! And whoa, thank you for sharing your stunning pics! Absolutely love them! Sorry to hear about the bad visibility, but thank goodness for our awesome observation deck which is great for keen photographers like yourself. We have the best visibility during our winter months so be sure to come visit us again in winter :) They say a sip of sea water and fish oil is good for the system, but next time, remember to wait until your head is out of the water before you scream of excitement ;) Thank you once again!

Kind regards,

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Terrific!”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

A group of us were fortunate enough to experience the amazing world of Great White Sharks, as we ourselves suggest this adventure to guests of ours. Long story short, it comes highly recommended. Everything from the staff, to the operations, to the facilities are of world class standard. Everyone should do themselves the favour and experience these amazing creatures while it is still possible

Visited April 2014
Awesome!!! Thank you for the "fintastic" review and recommendation!!! We agree 100%; shark cage diving with Marine Dynamics is a life changing experience & you won't regret it! With a Marine Biologist on every trip, this experience is educational and fit for the whole family. No age restrictions. Hope to see you all again soon!

Kindest regards,