“Shark cage diving”

Private Tour: Cage Dive with Great White Sharks from Cape Town
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Kleinbaai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Marine Dynamics shark tours is the industry's leading white shark cage diving operator - dispelling the myths about sharks one client at a time. Not only can you expect a 5-star service start to finish, Marine Dynamics shark tours contributes directly to local white shark research by being the primary sponsor to the accredited non-profit, the Dyer Island Conservation Trust. Marine Dynamics is the preferred operator for National Geographic, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, the BBC, South African Tourism and many more internationally recognized organizations. As you will see from our reviews, our staff are not only the most knowledgeable in the business but equally the most passionate about great white sharks and providing you an excellent experience you will never forget. Marine Dynamics operates out of The Great White House in Gansbaai, South Africa, where you will be treated to our 5-star hospitality underneath South Africa's only privately owned Southern right whale skeleton! Our custom-built vessel, Slashfin, was launched in 2010 and comes with all the modern amenities expected in a top quality vessel. Marine Dynamics guarantees a marine biologist, a videographer, and best value for money on every trip.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I never wanted to go, because I was always petrified; now that I've been and had a totally amazing experience, I don't know why I was always so scared.
It was really fabulous, staff and treatment was 5 star, really made our trip what it was. Plus the sharks were really active, and made the trip worthwhile.

MarineDynamics, Public Relations Manager at Marine Dynamics, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for the great review and awesome pictures! Glad we could change your views on this magnificent creature. Hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Marine Dynamics

Reviewed August 10, 2013

In all my years of travelling round the world, no place strikes me as more... well, I don't really know what it stikes me as. Before I when to Africa I had a feeling, not a good one I must add and I belive this feeling stops a lot of people from going. Africa frightend me and I was told horrible stories about this far away land.
Before I enterd the sharkcage a had a simillar feeling. A cage is not a verry nice word and we associate it with imprissonment and bad things. Sharks, well, don't they eat people? Seams lika a bad combination, cage plus sharkes plus in Africa!?

So yea I whent there, and I still have the same feeling, but it's reversed this time, it's a good one, ney, a great one! It's a feeling of awe. Amazement, overpowering awesomeness, a perfect mixture of fear, exitement and fun all placed in the most untamable enviorment: the ocean. You're in it, you live in it, you sea, hear, smell and taste it. I have the outmost respect and love for sharks and as for South Africa, well... I still have that feeling, that made me don't whant to go there, and never whant to leave again.

This is possible one of the best things I've done, it's fun, exiting, educational and dudes did I mention I totally made out with an awesome girl? You've got to try this at least once inte your life.

See you in the water!
/Kim

Well, obviously the 4-star rating must be for the girl and not the cage dive since you had such an excellent time! Hahaha! Glad we could change you perception on sharks, cages, and Africa. Hope to see you again soon!

Cheers,
Michelle

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Well being a adventure buff it was 1 thing that wanted to do since long. It was one of the reasons y had been here to SA to swim with the "Great White Shark". When we were looking around for companies to do with we got to know about this company from Richard of Hylton Ross. It was indeed best companies to do shark dive with. It's appx 3 hours drive from the city but then worth the drive as what u get 2 c is only in this part of the world. It's although not for the faint hearted & people who have motion or sea sickness. As the water is really salty be ready 2 have after effects after you come out from the cage. Our trip was awesome. A 4.5 meter shark literally came & shook our cage apart. It was a great 1.5 hours time spent with the beast of the ocean. We saw countless no of sharks. Also the company provides good lunch before the dive and a warm soup with bread & butter sandwich after the experience. The crew were knowledgable, friendly & always willing to help. We had so many people there vomiting & feeling dizzy due 2 sea sickness but the crew were all there doing there best. 3 cheers to marine dynamics.

1  Thank Saikiran9

Thanks for the great review! Good to hear you enjoyed our trip and finally got to see the "beast of the ocean". I would recommend future clients who are prone to sea sickness to consider taking motion sickness tablets. As for the salty water, nothing a warm shower can't fix.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 6, 2013

If you’re going to go Shark Cage Diving then let me tell you, Marine Dynamics is most definitely the company to go with!

My sister and I went shark cage diving with Marine Dynamics on 24th July 2013 and I cannot praise them highly enough on the outstanding service they provided.

The fantastic team of staff and volunteers were brilliant and I must say an extra special shout out to Nicola, Dickie, Rebecca and the team of strong men who assisted me getting in and out of the cage!!!

The entire team were knowledgeable, hospitable and professional. They operated the dive safely and fairly and ensured each and every guest on board had a memorable experience.

I have a physical disability which meant that I was unable to get in and out of the cage on my own, the team at Marine Dynamics didn’t let this be an issue at all. They simply got a few of the strong men to help me and I felt totally safe and supported while climbing in and out.

Along with needing assistance with the cage, I also had difficulty balancing and holding myself under water to view the sharks. This was also not an issue for the Marine Dynamics team! The Marine Biologist onboard – Nicola went out of his way to help me. He got on top of the cage and held my hand through the bars to assist me. Then, halfway through the dive he realised that it would probably be better for me if someone was in the cage next to me to help, so a member of the crew – Dickie, jumped in next to me to help. If not for their amazing support and their ability to adapt to different peoples situations, my dive would not have been as awesome as it was.

Oh and the sharks!!!!! What a brilliant days sightings we had!!!!! There were loads of sharks around and we got to see a lot of action!!

There was also a lovely lunch served before our dive and an abundance of food and drinks onboard.

I can’t thank the Marine Dynamics team enough for making me feel comfortable, safe and not letting my limitations hinder my experience.

Thanks for the awesome review and recommendation! Glad we could accommodate all your needs and expectations. I'll definitely be passing on the shout out to Nicola, Dickie and Rebecca. Hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We arranged this trip from Hermanus and arrived at Kleinbaai in our rented car. The event was extremely well organised. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable and seemed passionate about Shark Research too. Coming eye to eye close with these magnificent creatures was truly awesome experience and the one I will never forget in my life. I only wondered why we did not use snorkel, that would have helped to stay under water much longer watching Great White Sharks. A highly recommended trip and a highly recommended company for Shark Cage Diving.
Dr Roopa Mulik, Solihull, UK

MarineDynamics, Public Relations Manager at Marine Dynamics, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thanks for the great review! We don't provide snorkels as it's easier for us to interact with our clients whilst they're in the cage. Especially for directing you to look in the right direction and not miss out on the shark action. Sometimes the swell interferes too much and it's actually more difficult to breathe with a snorkel. But, if you feel more comfortable with a snorkel, you are more than welcome to bring your own.

Kind regards,