“One of the best days of my life”
Review of Marine Dynamics

Cage Diving with Great White Sharks from Cape Town
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Kleinbaai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Marine Dynamics Shark Tours is the ONLY shark cage diving company in South Africa that is truly making a difference through research, conservation and education, and protecting the animals and environment on which it relies for a living. Every trip includes an onboard marine biologist educating clients on the iconic great white shark. African Responsible Tourism Award winner Marine Dynamics is Fair Trade Tourism certified with Blue Flag certified vessels and provides logistical and financial support to the owner established Dyer Island Conservation Trust. Marine Dynamics lives by the motto of ‘Discover and Protect’ and believes that “YOUR CHOICE MAKES A DIFFERENCE.” Marine Dynamics believes that #ScienceSavesSharks and has white shark specialists studying the iconic great white in order to drive conservation decisions for the species. We specialize in a 5-star service and meet in the thatched-roof lodge, The Great White House.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

One of the most amazing things ive ever done. We drove directly from the airport and we were running a little late. The staff held up the boat and waited for us. They had breakfast waiting for us too. Every single person we encountered were the nicest and most courteous people I have ever met. Right in the harbor we saw a Whale and a pod of dolphins. We got to the point where they drop the seal decoy and within minutes the great whites were coming. Most of them were average, about 10 feet or so....until a 14-15 foot female hit the decoy. I was terrified even from the boat.. We got in the cage and the water was a bit cold, but other than that it was amazing. The 14 foot female came back while we were down there, what a sight up close. I highly, highly recommend this if you are in South Africa. It was a once in lifetime experience. We even got to see Seal Island and Dyer Island.

1  Thank Themanwith1i
MarineDynamics, Public Relations Manager at Marine Dynamics, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for your awesome comments! We're definitely more than just shark cage diving during whale season, we're so lucky to be able to see whales, dolphins, seals, penguins and great white sharks all in one trip (sometimes!). Hopefully we'll see you again soon, but next time stay overnight in Gansbaai so there's no rush! :-) Cheers, Michelle - MD.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,756)
All reviews
in 21 reviews
"professional outfit"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have gone shark cage diving with Marine Dynamics 3 times already.
Every time I was greeted by the most friendly people in the industry (compared to other operators), and a warm, 5-star breakfast. The orientation video and talk is very informative and I feel like I have learned something new about these incredible creatures every time.

No matter the weather or the visibility, I have always ended up having a great time. Nothing has ever come close (for me), to looking such an incredible natural predator in the eye, in it's own environment. The experience is indescribable. For an experience of a lifetime, look no further than Marine Dynamics. It'll stay with you for the rest of your life. And like me, you'll want to do it again and again and again.

2  Thank Hannes E

Thanks Hannes, what a great review! Thanks so much for your kind words and your repeat business, we very much value your patronage and comments! We'll see you again soon for time 4, 5, and 6! See you again soon, Michelle - MD.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Wow. What an amazing opportunity it was to encounter these beautiful majestic animals.
We were taken care of extremely well by their world class fun, energetic and knowledgable crew!
I do encourage people to visit these beautiful creatures as well as the lovely crew.

Hope to see them again soon

Thank you so much for your great comments, and I am definitely sending this to the crew - they are lovely creatures too! Hopefully we'll see you again soon. Take care, Michelle - MD.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have just returned from a month long stay with Marine Dynamics as an intern. I have had the most amazing time!!! Getting to spend everyday out on the boat observing Great Whites is a truly incredible experience. The internship did not end when the trips had finished though...I also got to help with data collection, beach surveys, make fishing line bins, partake in lectures from the people who work there (including the boat crew, marine biologists and the conservation trust team) and visit loads of local attractions. Further to this sharks were not the only wildlife seen...penguins, sting rays, seal, dolphins and whales!!!! If the wildlife was not enough the staff at Marine Dynamics are some of the most friendly and welcoming people I have met. If I could of extended my stay I would have and I will definitely be returning!

MarineDynamics, Front Office Manager at Marine Dynamics, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Yebo Jean - thanks for the great comments! We are so lucky to live in a productive ocean that supports white sharks, thanks for mentioning all the back-up players! See you again soon, Michelle - MD.