“Beautiful View”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kleinbaai
Dyer Island Seafront Accommodation
Ranked #2 of 3 Kleinbaai B&B and Inns
Jacksonville, Florida
“Beautiful View”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

My wife and I spent two nights here last week while we were in Kleinbaai to go on the great white shark tours. This guest house is just a few meters from the water and you can hear the waves at night from your room. It is also within walking distance from many of the shark tour operators in town. The best part of all - were the hosts! Hennie and Annetjie made us feel very welcome and comfortable. Thanks so much for helping make our trip awesome!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank YetiStuff

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Hendrik and Annetjie are the best hosts you will ever find. we were lucky to be referred to them by our shark diving tour hosts and we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay the evening. Beautiful house, right on the sea and the warmest welcome. We were also recommended a nearby restaurant by Annetjie which was also fantastic. I will definitely stay here and see Hendrik and Annetjie again when I come back some day.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank pc1984
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed in Gansbaai for a few days in November, while visiting friends and shark cage diving.
The accommodation is beautiful, light, bright and tidy. Very quiet, with a beautiful view over the bay. It's a short stroll to the cage diving.

And as you read the reviews of the other travellers, I'm hardly the first to comment on how welcoming Ann is (Henny was away on safari when we were there). Simply incredible, she goes out of your way to make you feel at home.

Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DurkaDog
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Firstly I have to say big thank you to Annetjie, the owner. We had a contact with her prior traveling to SA. But since we were doing a round trip from Cape town to Port Elizabeth and then back to Cape town, we were not sure when we will do (exact date) the shark cage diving. Annetjie told me that we don't have to worry and that I just need to contact her a couple of days before arrival and she'll arrange the accommodation and the shark trip. At the end I called her on the day, when we should already arrive in to Gansbaii, but she still arranged everything. From a great accommodation in their cottage house to the shark cage diving next day. Since we arrived late in the evening she even made a phone call to us, since she was worried about us. And then when we met it seemed like we're old friends. I really recommend the Dyer Island View Seafront Accommodation, great location and great friendly people!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zig0n
Maputo, Mozambique
Reviewed January 16, 2014

You will not only find a welcoming and quiet place with an amazing see view, but also you will find the best of the South African kindness with Hennie and Annetjie. They will help you in looking for activities, places to visit, etc. I strongly recommend it. I loved it!

Room Tip: The one with see view will be perfect!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LeFerHu
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed in Dyer island 19/7/13-20/7/13. Not only is it extremely affordable but Anne and Hennie and beyond welcoming. We had some trouble finding it at first and she even offered to fetch us. The room was very clean and the view is spectacular. Sunday we had a booking with Great White Shark adventures which the launch site is literally right in front of the B&B. we walked about 1 1/2 mins to the meeting point. So if you're looking to do the diving with the sharks I suggest you stay here. We paid R500 per night and because we had our own transportation to the meeting site of the diving we saved R900 mines the 500 we still saved R400 and didn't have to wake up early!! :-) meeting time was at 0945. After day one we wanted to do some whale watching so they offered to take us to a great spot where the whales literally are within touching distance from the rocks. They showed us some home videos from their trips and made us feel right at home. I can't express how much I enjoyed our stay there. If you want to have an amazing experience in Gansbaai please stay in Dyer Island, you won't regret it!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Ali_rodriguez
Africa
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Having stayed at thousands of hotels and B&B's around the world, the hosts here really make this a home from home. SO welcoming, it truly felt like I was a member of their family.
The rooms are excellent value for money, spotlessly clean and well decorated, with an unbeatable location right on the ocean, we stared out at the waves and stars for hours one evening.
The owners were so helpful, they arranged our transport, shark diving and other activities for us (without charging any commission) and must be the kindest most genuine people I've met on my travels.
I cannot recommend this enough, I'll definitely be back with more people - they can house up to 9 people in the various, very private, accommodation options.
Wonderful!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sam E

Been to Dyer Island Seafront Accommodation? Share your experiences!