“Superb Pork Hock good as Germany”

Gasthaus On The Lake
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Peachland
Cuisines: German, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had a birthday dinner there in the pub on Saturday night and it was very good. I have eaten there 3 times now and think it is as good as any restaurant in Vancouver. The helpings are bigger! I thought it deserved a good report since all 3 times over the last couple of years I have eaten there have been of excellent quality. The service is friendly and prompt. We had eaten out on the lakefront terrace in the summer and the view of the beachfront and lake if ideal. Having eaten both the Wiener Schnitzel and Pork Hock traditional German plates there you cannot wrong with either. My wife had the vegetable cabbage roll and loved it. Well done.....!!!

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by for some drinks and appetizers in the spring. It was pretty busy for a Sunday afternoon in the off season. Beautiful restaurant with a ton of character I can only imagine how much fun it is in the summer and how packed the large patio must get. With a great view and easy access for both drivers and pedestrains (right along beach ave). Food was great and everything on the tables around us looked excellent. Drinks came in various sizes perfect for light to seasoned drinkers, selection was good. Our service was very poor which was too bad. We had to asked for every refill and always waited with an empty glass, the wait for the bill was as long as the wait for our drinks and food and our waitress walked passed us twice with the debit machine in her hand before stopping to receive our payment. Besides the slow service it was a nice experience, good food, great atmosphere, great location and friendly staff. We'll probably be back.

1  Thank MP-Higgins
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Our server was excellent!! She was very friendly and had a sense of humour. The food was decent however my wife being a european cooks better authentic meals at home. We went for Valentines Day and I thought it was great with the little decor accents they used. I would go back.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went to the Restaurant for my birthday dinner and the food and service was fabulous. My husband's steak was one of the best he had eaten recently, and the pork hock was delicious, as usual. The starters were also excellent. The service is wonderful and they are very accommodating if you want different sides with your dinner.
We usually eat in the Gasthaus Pub which is also great, but this time we opted for the fine dining and were very pleased.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Every European would love this place. We had a midevil feast party and it was a bit pricey if your not a big eater but alot of food and great food..come with an empty stomach. great atmosphere as well.

1  Thank imcsherri