“Disappointed”

Bliss Bakery Bistro
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Peachland
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stopped in for coffee late morning. The shop was full of local people who were there as Peachland is relatively small. We had their drip coffee, light brew, which was very strong and bitter. My husband had a pecan cinnamon bun which was doughy, not well baked. I had a fruit scone which was hard and dry even with 2 small containers of butter. The counter girl did not give me what I asked for and had to correct the order . We paid just under $11.00 for this. We felt it was pricey. You get much better value at Tim Hortons. The bakery is lakefront so you are paying for the view.

Darci Y, Owner at Bliss Bakery Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

First let me say thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to our Peachland location. While I am always sorry to hear of a negative experience we continuously want to improve and our guest feedback helps us to do that.

We strive for excellence in every area of our business and I want you to know that I have brought your experience to the attention of our bakers as well as the manager of the location that you visited so that it may be addressed. Our artisan products are made individually by hand using only natural ingredients and traditional methods which can sometimes result in product variances, however it should never result in a disappointing experience!

I sincerely apologize for your negative visit to our shop. I hope that you will consider returning to Bliss to enjoy it as it is meant to be, an exceptional experience at every level. Please contact me directly so that I may take care of you on your next visit.

Warm Regards,

Owner, Bliss Bakery & Bistro

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Loved the baked goods, coffee and sitting by the lake. The staff was very friendly. Great place to visit!

Thank you so much for stopping in and visiting us on the lakeshore in Peachland! I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. And thanks for sharing your experience with others - it means a great deal to us.

Warm Regards

Owner, Bliss Bakery and Bistro

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This place has a lot of excellent things - amazing view of the lake with full sunbeams hitting every angle of the bakery, a nice little patio, comfy benches and wooden tables, and of course, a great selection of pastrys, sandwiches, breads, and drinks. The staff were even excellent and friendly. But the prices are higher than they really should be. I don't know, maybe we are paying for the location in the $10 sandwiches, but if so then I don't want it served in butcher paper and handed to me. My quiche was $6+ dollars and barely warm and definitely not filling. I realize this is a first world problem, that my fancy food costs a little too much but I really think that they need to dial it back a bit in order to compete with all the other upscale latte/sandwich joints out there. Or maybe not, since the place was packed. I like to support the local places but I also like them to support me and not overcharge.

Thanks for your review! We love to hear people's thoughts on how we are doing and are always looking to improve.

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the ambiance and the food. We take a great deal of pride in what we do and love sharing our passion with others.

You may not know that all of our food is natural, made by hand and that we use no mixes or shortcuts. In fact, we hand form our breads, roast & slice all of our own meats, and make all our products fresh, in house. We know it takes longer and is more expensive but we believe the resulting taste and quality is worth it. We've chosen to forego the trend of mass production and instead really focus on true artisan creation.

If you have any questions about how we make our products or would like to visit our new kitchen please don't hesitate to contact me personally. In the meantime, I hope that you will visit us again in Peachland or at our new Kelowna location to enjoy the products and ambiance that we offer.

Warm Regards

Owner, Bliss Bakery and Bistro

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I thought I would have one of those great sandwiches today, just before 12:45. There was ONE left, white bread which I don't eat. And they "don't make sandwiches here anymore". It is done a central location in West Kelowna.

I settled on a breakfast quiche, which was heated in a microwave. Gordon Ramsay would not approve. Neither did I: it wasn't even lukewarm.

The pastry choice was limited; there used to be a large variety. The sugar tart was at least a day old.

The location in Kelowna on Ellis wasn't any better. Growing pains? I hope so. The cappucino is still great.

1  Thank FlyingDutchman_12
Reviewed January 19, 2013

A beautiful spot to sit and look at the lake with a cold or hot drink...depending on the time of year. Amazing sandwiches and soups but a bit pricey for my taste.