“A Promising Start”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Peachland
“A Promising Start”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I recently visited the Bistro in Peachland. We had been at the restaurant before and liked the food. This time was no different, even though my Cioppino was a bit thin and could have benefited from a few more pieces of fish. However, the mussles were superb! The proprietor produces an ambitious menue from a very small kitchen. The restaurant definitely enriches the culinary choices available in Peachland.
Areas for improvement: the wine list should reflect the restaurant's location in Canada's premier wine region.

2 Thank Hobbychef_10

Calgary, Canada
“Best meal in the Okanagan, Really go to find this”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We have spent the past two weeks on vacation, in Maui and now the okanagan. We have had a lot of good meals, some not so good. I am slow to say something is great but this was the best meal we have had. It is a typical french bistro, but the food is stunningly good. Better than Joe's in Maui, better than the Hillside Bistro and Burrowing Owl. It is perfectly done, huge amounts and very very good service. I had the Onion soup, even though it was 34 degrees celsius. It was wonderful, my wife had a salad, which they were happy to downsize. I had the mussles in wine and they were brilliant, as good as anything i have had including Brussels. Dessert was a mistake, we were too full, but the donuts were amazing and easy to share. My wife's family don't eat a lot of fancy food, but still loved it. The price, unbelievable, we took out 5 for less than 2 at Burrowing Owl (granted not as much wine) but the food..... Definitely go here if you have any love of good food. The service was wonderful and the chef came out to ask how it was. Make sure this succeeds, it is a new restaurant.

3 Thank gajgmusic
Peachland, Canada
“Amazing food and friendly staff”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My wife and i have already been here 4 times.
The food is awesome, you must try the mussels!!!
Price - quality is very good.
We have a B&B and send most of our guest here, they are all raving about this new restaurant.
We will surrely frequent this restaurant on a permanent basis.

2 Thank patrickvanminsel
Peachland, Canada
“Lovely addition to Peachland”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband and I recently tried out the newest restaurant in Peachland, The Bistro. We were pleasantly surprised, the ambiance was cozy and the food very tasty. I had the mussel special and my husband had the pork special. Both were plentiful and delicious. The service was also very good and the owners and staff very friendly. Looking forward to going back and trying more on the menu.

2 Thank Kelly G
Kelowna, Canada
“Fantastic new Bistro”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My wife and I had a great lunch here today. Everything was fresh, local and made in in house. I had the 'Lamborghini' lamb burger and my wife had mussles. Both served with amazing double fried Pomme Frites.

The decor was simple yet elegant and inviting. Highly recommended, great value.

2 Thank Rob M