“Great Experience”

Napa North Wine Tours
Ranked #4 of 18 things to do in Peachland
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore Okanagan Wineries. Wine Tasting Tours are so much FUN with Napa Nancy. Indulge in multiple wine tastings. . . sip back, relax & enjoy the ride. 12 passenger touring van w/pop up & drop down TV/Wine videos. Vineyard Lunch & Dinner Tour Packages, or full out "wine only" Tasting Tours. Groups large or small-explore Westside Wine Trail, the Bottleneck Drive, Naramata Bench or others.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This was our second wine tour we have done and our first one with Napa North Wine Tours. I came across Napa North on google and thought it looked good so I fired an email off. Nancy got back to me that night and appoligized for the delay.... I thought if 12 hours is a delay then this is different. She asked what we wanted and when we wanted it. I replied and Nancy got back to me in an hour later. It was booked.
When the morning came she was right on time picking us up. We got in and she told us it was only my fiance` and I on the tour, we got lucky!!! So we got to choose where we went. We werent really sure, just that we like small wineries, red wines better, and wanted to eat lunch at Dirty Laundry. She told us she knew where to go and we were off. We hit a total of 8 wineries and all but 1 were bang on what we wanted! Lunch was amazing as well and just at the right time. She had recomendations and listened to us if we said to skip a place or "lets move on quickly". We also wanted to get some fresh fruit and not pay tourist road side pricing and she did just that for us.
Nancy is the owner operator of her company. I have to say she is very energetic and very pleasent to be around. She was an all around happy person who you can tell really loves what she does. She was very quick to respond to us, listened to us, and followed through. I wish we would have known about the boating option but I never looked that far at her website. She didnt know the answer to all our questions but would either ask at the next winery or call a friend and by the time you were done tasting she would let you know. You can also tell she was well respected when you went into places and most of them ignored the 4 tasting rule and let us have free range on the menu.
I recommend this tour to anyone. Our last tour was good, this tour was great.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Smooty7

Mission, BC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The best way to see the Wineries in the OK !”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

My husband and I came to Peachland for the weekend. We live in the lower mainland and so it's a good 3 hr drive. The Friday we left, we left rather late as my husband came off a graveyard shift that morning, and I had a afternoon appt.
I had e-mailed Nancy late Thursday evening. I thought -- what the heck.. If she e-mails me back, she e-mails me back. I knew this was last minute inquring about a Saturday tour but sometimes with our hectic lifestyle my husband and I can be spontaneous people.

Well Nancy got back to me the following morning. She had a tour with 7 people. Four adults and three children. She said that normally some people don't like to tour with kids so it's understandable if we didn't want to join.. However, she told me it would be $79.00 + HST and this includes four to five wineries, all tasting fees and her driving. She even picks you up from your destination and drives you back there :) Her van seats 12 and is airconditioned and features a pull down DVD player that shows some winery videos of the wineries in the Okanagan.

I really appreciated she was honest about the kids. My husband and I thought about it and decided to do it. The value was decent and I liked how it was a small group of people. She picked us up at 10:45 am at my Uncle's place in Peachland. The other 7 people were in Peachland as well coincidentally so it worked out best. She took us to the Bottle Neck drive in Summerland. She lives in Peachland so she was able to answer all of our questions about the wineries, restaurants, and things to do for the parents of the kids we were with as well. She was an Okanagan Encyclopedia as well as a winery tour guide.
Every winery has a shop, she would make sure any of our questions regarding product in the shop - or if we hadn't tasted a wine we wanted to purchase yet that we did so - and she found out for us right away. She was great with every aspect of the tour. She even took some video on her I-Phone of our lunch visit to Dirty Laundry and is going to e-mail us with it.
On this tour we first went to Bonita's, then to Thorhaven, then to Summerland Sweets which has the sweets shop as well as Sleeping Giant Winery, then to Dirty Laundry winery where we purchased a make it yourself picnic basket and sat on their awesome terrace.. Listened to live Jazz and the steam train rolling by in the rolling hills of vines.

We will be coming back with more of our family next time.. and we will be booking an entire day with Nancy.. She was so great, the tour was awesome and she just knows everything you'd expect from a business owner but also from a local's perspective.
Thanks Nancy for giving us an awesome tour. It was our first wine tour and it won't be our last . We will be recommending her to all our family and friends and to our Trip Advisor community. And next time we'll book in the middle of the week and see as many wineries as we can fit in a day :) Thanks for the memories !

Visited August 2011