“Excellent Location”

Hotel Madanis Liceo
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stayed there for 10 nights, we thought it felt quite safe at night, we didn't have any problems when we returned to the hotel around 11pm. Room was small, but clean. The best part of the hotel is the location. The metro station is literally right outside the hotel across the street, you can go anywhere from there! However, the reception desk is around the block for when you check in. One of the major issues I had with the hotel is the bathroom. It was clean, but the shower didn't have a door. The glass in the shower goes part way, leaving space for you to walk right into the shower. But when I took a shower, it doesn't keep the water out, so the bathroom floor is very very wet. We had to aim the shower head at the corner facing the wall so the water didn't spray out into the bathroom.

Reception staff was very nice and helpful, wifi was also decent, a couple times it didn't stay connected. Overall it was good.

We also tried the breakfast buffet for 9 euros per person. I would say it isn't worth it, some pastry selection, a couple cheese plates, sausages. It was ok, but definitely not worth the money.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
mehuguet, Gerente at Hotel Madanis Liceo, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you very much for your comments and the detailed description you give of our facilities. The information you provide about the hotel's location and services will no doubt be very useful to future guests.
We are very pleased to hear that the hotel met all of your expectations, and we are very happy that you are pleased with the treatment you received from our staff.
Comments like yours encourage us to persevere in our efforts to improve day after day. I very much regret the problem that arose during your stay in relation to the bathroom and we will do our best to make sure such incidents do not happen again in the future.

I suggest that you visit us again soon and I assure you we will be ready to meet all of your expectations. In this case, do not hesitate to contact us directly to book your next stay in Barcelona so that we can better accommodate your needs.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

My wife and i stayed here for 4 nights. The staff went out of their way to show us three available rooms and we chose the one we liked the best. The breakfast was good; not elaborate but with sufficient variety to keep us happy. The wifi was consistently OK - we went to a more expensive Hotel for the next three days and faced wifi trouble there. The safe gave trouble when we returned on day 1 but the staff attended to it. Location was good - we had Barcelona Cards and found the Metro as well as the Bus convenient. Special mention (again) for the staff ... we had to withdraw cash and were quite lost since all instructions on the ATM were in Spaniish. We went back to the hotel adn asked for help and the lady behind the counteer came with us for a 10 minute walk, helped us use the ATM and walked back to the hotel. In Barcelona we spent a total of 9 nights in three hotels and this had the lowest tarrif, but gave us the maximum satisfaction. Service and friendly staff were there in all three hotels but the second had wifi trouble which interfered with our work, and the third was too far from any tourist spot to be really comparable. Though the other two were bigger adn brighter adn more spacious, if we go to Barcelona again, we shall stay at Madanis once more.

Room Tip: Ask the reception. This is not a very noisy locality, but best if you can see a few rooms and then d...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
mehuguet, Gerente at Hotel Madanis Liceo, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear guest,
I would like to sincerely thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the staff.
It is very encouraging for me and my team to receive positive feedback like yours. We strive to do our best every day, but only occasionally are guests kind enough to take the time to give us feedback.
We will be delighted to welcome you back at our hotel, shall your plans bring you to Barcelona again in the future.
Do not hesitate to contact us directly to book your next stay in Barcelona so that we can better accommodate your needs.

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Desapointed that we had to stay in an annex of the hotel. That was not mentioned at the time of booking. Agree with other reviews, it does not feel safe . Also main hotel is 4 stars. Annex is 3 stars. No fridge in the room?! Never seen that before. Also poor lighting. Apart from that I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights while visiting to see a FC Barcelona's game. A good value-for-money indeed: cozy, clean, with helpful staff and an outstanding location next to Collblanc Metro Station Entrance, a Mini-Mart and a McDonald's (Location-wise I think it might be even better than the main Madanis Hotel). Room Wi-Fi is a bit slow and sadly there is no mini fridge, a safe box however is available which is always a great thing to have in any hotel.

In case you are wondering you will be accessing an outside automatic door with your room key card, well, maybe this is not 100% safe as anyone can sneak in after some resident goes out -- the area in general is dead at night and can be scary for some, if you worry too much about security then go for a hotel in a more tourist-packed area like Las Ramblas.

Room Tip: If you can get a room in the first floor it will be excellent as you won't need to use the lift
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
mehuguet, Gerente at Hotel Madanis Liceo, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your review.
We are glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay at our hotel and that you were fully satisfied with our services. It is a great pleasure to know that you appreciated our good location, the cleanliness of the premises and our helpful staff.
Madanis is situated in a residential district near Camp Nou and the Universitary Campus. During the day is an area full of life and business (traditional market, stores like Zara, Mango, students, buses and Metro and many cafes and Restaurants). By night is more quiet but very peaceful and sure, much more sure than the city center and far more quiet. As far as our premises are concerned we have Reception 24 h. and all the entrances are monitored by security cameras. Our guests may be sure that Madanis is agood choice if security is one of their concerns when travelling.
We will be very pleased to welcome you back in our hotel.

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Air conditioning was very poor in the room. Extractor fan in the bathroom was also poor. When using shower water flowed out on to floor and also toilet seat got wet also causing warer stains on bathroom walls. Never mentioned shops closed on Sundays on website. Not having hotel reception desk in the building makes you feel isolated.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear guest,
I very much regret the problem that arose during your stay in relation to air conditioning and shower water. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this most certainly caused you.
I can assure you that I have personally investigated the matter you mention in order to make sure such incidents do not happen again in the future. Despite our many efforts to keep our appliances working at all times, it seems that the incident you mention could not be handled by our maintenance team immediately.
I hope you will give us a second opportunity in your next visit to Barcelona. I am convinced that you will be fully satisfied with the hotel's atmosphere and the quality of its service.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I had a great stay at the Madanis Liceo. It's simply the BEST cost/benefit you will find in Barcelona. I paid something like 50 euros/night on a 4-star hotel, including a small breakfast. The staff were always very kind and helpful. The hotel also has a great location, since it is located on a walkable distance from the Camp Nou Stadium and there is a metro station just across the street. I spent 10 days there and if I ever come back to Barcelona I WILL stay at the Madanis Liceo once again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear guest,
Thanks a lot for your wonderful review. It is a great satisfaction for me to know that our clients appreciate the constant efforts that we make in order to offer them a perfect stay in our hotel.
It was a pleasure to have you among us and we will be very happy if you chose us again.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Just got back from a 2day break here and already going to save to go back. If you want a rooftop swimming pool, luxury spa etc dont stay here but then why go to a city as beautiful as barcelona to stay inside a hotel all day!? This hotel couldn't have been more perfect for us, we had tickets to supercopa final and arrived at hotel really early am, so dropped bags off and bought tickets for big red bus for 2days. This hotels in perfect location you literally walk down the road and are at the camp nou, walk through there and the bus stop is there so easy to get to and from hotel and around the city. When we got back late afternoon our bags had already been walked from main reception to the room. Cannot praise reception staff highly enough, in my ignorance my Spanish is poor but their English possibly better than mine too! They explain everything about the city, provide tickets if requested and remembered me by name when I went back in reception next day! Fantastic :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your generosity and kindness with us. It's such a pleasure to hear that you had a comfortable stay at our hotel and that you were fully satisfied with our services !
Thank you especially for your kind comments about our Reception team. I will definitely let the staff know about them. They are very professional and love their job and I feel really proud of them.
Please, contact us directly for your next visit to Barcelona, we will do our best to offer you the best conditions. You know now that Madanis is your home in Barcelona.
Kind regards.

#219 of 515 in Barcelona
Fairmont Rey Juan Carlos I
Fairmont Rey Juan Carlos I
#121 of 515 in Barcelona

Been to Hotel Madanis Liceo? Share your experiences!