“Beautiful place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Meteghan
Au Havre du Capitaine
Ranked #1 of 1 Meteghan B&B and Inns
nova scotia
“Beautiful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We just got back from spending two nights at the Au Havre du Capitaine and it was beautiful. The room we had was very clean, beds were very comfortable and the washroom was very clean as well. Our room had two queen size beds, table and chairs, electric fireplace, mini fridge and a rocking chair.

We never had the pleasure of having our meals there as we were on the road touring each day. This is a go to spot if you are ever passing this way. The ladies are very helpful and go out of their way to make sure your stay is a pleasant one.

We will be back for sure!
PS- Beautiful sunsets each evening- a pleasure to sit on the deck and watch!

Room Tip: The ground level rooms have a beautiful deck for guests to sit out in the evenings to watch the suns...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Oakfield, Nova Scotia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great spot.. very clean, nice beds, modern bathroom, good breakfast... nicely appointed lounge area.. Great host who is also super quilter-- great prices on really artistic quilts, wall hangings. Highly recommended place to stay in the heart of Acadia/Clare. Acadien Festival/art all around.

Room Tip: Some larger rooms available - ask Louise. If WIFI essential, ask about that as well... most rooms a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Francis M
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was my 4th stay at Au havre du Capitaine and I wasn't disappointed as always, The size of the room, the cleanliness and the price is the best we could find when looking for a place to stay. Louise makes you feel welcome for the start. The hotel has the renovated old house feel with the comforts of a modern hotel.

Room Tip: There are many sizes and prices available to make sure to ask what's available at different pric...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bigred417
Annapolis Royal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Our curling team had the opportunity to call this hotel home for a couple of nights in early March. The rooms we had were small but clean and comfortable with all the amenities you would expect. The interior of the hotel is very warm and inviting. The outstanding character of this hotel is its staff. The main desk and restaurant staff were friendly, efficient and made us feel at home. The off-season rate was very reasonable. We would strongly recommend this as the place to stay in Meteghan. As a matter of fact a large group of us have booked most of the rooms for a golf excursion to the area this summer.

Room Tip: Choose one of the larger rooms on the first floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank golflinc56
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I only had the opportunity to stay at Au Havre du Capitaine for one night, but I wish I could have stayed longer. My stay at Au Havre du Capitaine was one of the highlights of my weeklong trip to Nova Scotia and I cannot wait to return. My stay at this hotel is a big reason why I want to return to the South Shore of Nova Scotia.

The Owner:
Louise Comeau is a wonderful woman! Extremely friendly and hospitable. At the end of my one day stay at her hotel, she gave me a big warm hug as I was departing. As if we had known one another for years as opposed to one day. Louise gave me tips on where to run in the area (I'm a runner) and just helpful information in general.

The room:
I had a room on the second floor with a view of the Bay of Fundy. The setting was gorgeous, especially at sunset. The room itself was very clean, spacious, but had a cozy feel to it. It felt more as if I was staying in a room at someone's home as opposed to a hotel. The bed, big and comfortable. The bathroom: very clean with a great shower. The shower had great water pressure.

I have to admit that I was a little apprehensive about the room not having air conditioning and I was staying in the middle of July. But, like someone else previously wrote, if you open the windows there is a breeze that comes off the Bay of Fundy that cools the room. I slept comfortable with the windows open and in the morning I was even a little cold.

Price: For the room and I had and the hospitality that I received, the price was a bargain.

I look forward to the next time I can stay at the Au Havre du Capitaine and I hope that many people will pay a visit to Louise Comeau's wonderful property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank padcrasher
Mt St-Hilaire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed 3 nights, as we had a number of functions in the area. The Owner, Louise Comeau, makes you feel at home immediatly. She is the perfect host. If you want, you can chat with her and learned more about the people of the area the ACADIANS, she is. Our room had hardwood floor which make for a very clean place. Very clean and modern bath, great bed.
You can have breakfast there, and for your other meal, Louise will give you some insights.
One of the hidden secret is that Louise does extraordinary QUILTS! Ask her to show you!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michel R
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

We booked a room a few nights ahead, coming from Digby. We were exploring the Yarmouth Coast and Acadian Shores on our way to Peggy's Cove and Halifax for our flight home to the States. There are a few other places to stay in the area, but we lucked out. The Inn was built as a hotel, then housed some priests for a period of time. Louise and her family have restored it to it's original purpose, and what a pleasure! Our room was beautiful with a view of the ocean across the street, antique furnishings, and a comfy bed. Beautiful quilts are everywhere. The room was quiet at night, no road noise. We walked through Meteghan, which is quite small, in the heart of Acadian country. Louise made us feel very welcome, as honored guests. The prices for breakfast are the same as 10 years ago, very reasonable dinner. But the food was magnifique!

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building, the addition is 2 stories with rooms with balconies/porches.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank wantsomescones
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meteghan
Trout Point Lodge of Nova Scotia
#1 of 1 in Mavillette
Churchill Mansion Inn
Churchill Mansion Inn
#3 of 5 in Yarmouth

Been to Au Havre du Capitaine? Share your experiences!