“HOME FEELING”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Meteghan
Au Havre du Capitaine
Ranked #1 of 1 Meteghan B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed 3 nights, as we had a number of functions in the area. The Owner, Louise Comeau, makes you feel at home immediatly. She is the perfect host. If you want, you can chat with her and learned more about the people of the area the ACADIANS, she is. Our room had hardwood floor which make for a very clean place. Very clean and modern bath, great bed.
You can have breakfast there, and for your other meal, Louise will give you some insights.
One of the hidden secret is that Louise does extraordinary QUILTS! Ask her to show you!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michel R

Reviewed August 3, 2011

We booked a room a few nights ahead, coming from Digby. We were exploring the Yarmouth Coast and Acadian Shores on our way to Peggy's Cove and Halifax for our flight home to the States. There are a few other places to stay in the area, but we lucked out. The Inn was built as a hotel, then housed some priests for a period of time. Louise and her family have restored it to it's original purpose, and what a pleasure! Our room was beautiful with a view of the ocean across the street, antique furnishings, and a comfy bed. Beautiful quilts are everywhere. The room was quiet at night, no road noise. We walked through Meteghan, which is quite small, in the heart of Acadian country. Louise made us feel very welcome, as honored guests. The prices for breakfast are the same as 10 years ago, very reasonable dinner. But the food was magnifique!

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building, the addition is 2 stories with rooms with balconies/porches.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank wantsomescones
Reviewed October 19, 2010

My husband and another couple came across this Inn by accident while touring Nova Scotia's south shore - it was a trip highlight. We had a spacious & spotless room with fireplace, view of St. Mary's Bay, and comfy beds with handmade quilts.
But what made our stay so great was the hospitality of owner Louise, especially her obvious pride of and willingness to share her Acadian culture. The nicely casual dining room features Acadian specialties (at reasonable prices) and hosts 'Kitchen Parties' - evenings with lively Acadian performers and dancing. And if your partner doesn't want to dance, Louise will dance with you! She truly seems to want you to have a wonderful time. She also sells some of their Gorgeous handmade quilts at the Inn.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Peddlepusher29
Reviewed August 27, 2010

I've lost count now of how many times I've stayed here. Many. It's always a delight, for reasons I've noted in my earlier review. I'd like to add that Louise Comeau is putting less emphasis now on the dining room, which is still, however great for breakfast: try the lobster omelet. For other meals I highly recommend the Cafe chez Cristophe (reservations necessary) about 15 minutes to the North in Grosses Cocques.

This time we had first floor rooms in front, off the porch. Wonderful sunsets and tables and chairs for sunset drinks. In the future I will definitely reserve far enough in advance to get one of these.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank brian_va
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Large group of friends stayed here during the Acadian Festival. The rooms and food were great - the service was even better. Louise and her staff went out of their way to accomodate every request we had. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 15, 2010

I stayed in early May and was charged an unseemly amount. I was told when I booked (also early May) that it was off-season rates. When I checked out, I was surprised at what I had paid for the room I was in. I've stayed at hotels, inns, and B&Bs with a lot more to offer for a lot less money. I had breakfast there and thought the prices were also very steep. Next time I will stay in Yarmouth and drive where I need to be in the morning - it would probably be cheaper and more worth my time.

Reviewed February 15, 2010

The rooms are clean and comfortable, but what makes this place truly fabulous is the people who run it. The inn is not that large, so if there is something going on in town you will have to book early.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meteghan
Trout Point Lodge of Nova Scotia
#1 of 1 in Mavillette
Churchill Mansion Inn
Churchill Mansion Inn
#3 of 5 in Yarmouth

Been to Au Havre du Capitaine? Share your experiences!