All reviews felt like home issy season accommodations abe mt
Selected filters
Reviewed June 10, 2018

My girlfriend and I stayed at Firefly B&B this past weekend. The location and views are majestic, nice getaway. Accommodations were very quant and down home. Issy is a great host, breakfast was a really nice touch. We will be back!

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed October 30, 2017

After 4 years of wanting to stay here, I finally booked the rustic cabin at Firefly B&B to celebrate my 1 year anniversary with my boyfriend. As soon as we pulled into the driveway, I was filled with joy at how adorable the cabin is. Issy, our innkeeper, greeted us warmly, made sure we had everything we needed, made a few recommendations, and gave us our space to explore. The cabin is very rustic: there is no bathroom or cable, all of which is clearly stated on the website. I knew all of this going in and we were totally fine with it. There are, however, DVDs and VHS tapes for the players, so feel free to bring some movies along. We also did not get cell service in the cabin, but when we went into Bristol (about a 10 min. ride) we had full service. It was not at all a nuisance to go into the main house to use the bathroom, and I enjoyed not having the distractions of cable TV and my cell phone. We were there to enjoy the charm of Vermont, and that we did. Bristol, Middlebury, and Burlington are all within close proximity to Issy's and are quaint, picturesque, small towns, with lots of charm. There are also several mountains close by for some challenging hikes (we did Mt. Abraham). Issy was such a kind and gracious hostess, and we couldn't have asked for a better, more enjoyable stay in Vermont.

Room tip: Stay in the rustic cabin! Quiet, peaceful, picturesque, charming, and romantic
Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

First time in years I've taken more than a week off at a time and to end the vacation my wife and I did the causeway cycle in Burlington and hiked Mount Abraham and had a perfect place to retreat to every evening. Bristol was a perfect place to supper at when needed. Thanks to a perfect hostess, Izzy!!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2017

Actually I stayed there back in March 2013 but only just getting around to write the review I promised! I was skiing through on the Catamount trail, without transport other than walking to/from the trailhead and skiing. Issy helped me out - appreciated.
The room had a shared toilet/bathroom with the other room on the same floor, but that's OK as long as you know about it.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 11, 2016

We absolutely loved our stay with Issy! She was kind, welcoming, and accommodating. The first night, we stayed inside her home in the Sir Rocco room. It was neat, clean, and cozy. The next two nights were spent outside in the cabin; equally as neat and clean but we LOVED the cabin. The breakfast and conversation in the AM were very enjoyable; Issy has many stories to share and we loved chatting with her! The breakfast was delicious and great fuel before we left each day for our expenditures. This is the perfect location for those that love the outdoors, hiking, photography, etc. Also a great location for dog lovers as Firefly B&B is pet friendly. Thank you again Issy for a wonderful time!

Date of stay: April 2016