2,833 results
All reviewscultural trianglesri lankalotus restaurantdessert roomorganic farma la carte restaurantwater monitorscold roomtwo storeybutterfly gardenbeautiful groundsmain restaurantlarge swimming poolwonderful hotelhotel groundsdeluxe roomour honeymoon
Reviewed November 13, 2015

Excellent spacious rooms in a beautful garden with large swimming pool. The Staff was extremely friendly and the food was excellent. Great selection of dishes and also comprehensive wine list. A show in the garden by the local artists was also much appreciated, and before leaving we also witnessed a wedding!

Stayed: November 2015
Murfad S, Resident Manager at Cinnamon Lodge Habarana, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2015

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor .

It was our pleasure to have you with us and we are glad to know that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us.We are also happy to note that you loved our food and beverage choices we had on offer .

We are looking forward to your next visit .

Wish you a pleasant day .

Reviewed November 13, 2015

Visited this hotel during our Honeymoon & that too at New Year's eve... Some good memories:

1. Staff is very friendly.. on my prior request, they decorated the room with flowers.
2. Habarana is right in the middle of cultural triangle - Anuradhapura, Pollonaruva & Sigiriya. One can do a 2-3 day tour & cover all these places from here..
3. New Year's eve was a special occassion the hotel had a band playing on new year's eve with some really nice songs and took audience requests as well.

Do walk down the resort, its quite a big property with serene environment

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor with regards to your recent stay.

I have already conveyed your feedback to the team who are glad to know that their efforts contributed to your enjoyable stay. And as specified by you we are at a central location to visit all the cultural sites that are world heritage sites .We are glad to know that you enjoyed the walk around the garden .

We look forward to your next visit.

Wish you a great day.

Reviewed November 12, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Cinnamon Lodge for 3 nights as part of an eight night tour around the beautiful island of Sri Lanka. The hotel was superb, the rooms really clean, spacious and beautifully decorated in a colonial style. The food at the hotel's buffet was excellent and the service from the staff superb. We had a small problem with a blocked drain on our first evening, we mentioned this to reception on our way to dinner and by the time we'd finished dinner it had been completely sorted and our bathroom completely cleaned. The hotel location is perfect for exploring Sigariya, Dambulla and Polyanaruwa (forgive any spelling errors!).
We would definitely recommend this as a base location for exploring the cultural triangle.

Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue S
Murfad S, Resident Manager at Cinnamon Lodge Habarana, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2015

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor .

We are glad to know that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay including the natural habitat and the wild life surrounding the hotel. We are also happy to know that our service standards were up to your expectation.We thank you once again for choosing Cinnamon Lodge Habarana for your holiday .

We look forward in welcoming you once more .

Wish you a pleasant day.

Reviewed November 12, 2015

Let's start with the LOCATION, 15min drive from Anuradhapura, this hotel is a perfect place to stay and to see the environments. Of all the places I sow in Sri Lanka, Anuradhapura is for sure the most impressive one! You can’t miss it! Consequently, you can’ miss this hotel!
Coming back from a long day of visits and having such a peaceful, comfortable place to stay was a real joy.

The hotel is surrounded by a huge, wonderful PARK, kept with the most attentive care!
The hotel is in colonial style, with mostly 2 floor buildings. In order to go to your room you will cross a part of the park, with tropical trees and small lagoons.

RESTAURANT is at open air, as often happens in Asia, with a high roof to protect you in case of rain. International dishes are perfectly cooked, but I strongly recommend to try also local food, as it is amazing and tasty! I never thought I could eat lentils curry for breakfast … but it was delicious! I also cannot avoid to say that for dinner here I had the BEST SWORDFISH I HAVE EVER EATEN in my life … and please note that I was born and grew up by the sea!

ACCOMODATION, is comfortable and clean, at the level of a 4*… just be careful not to leave the door of your room open too long as the hotel is immerged in nature and you can find some of the wild life “friends” living in the park, in your room! Personally I had to deal with two lizard … but it was my fault, as I left the door open for a while!

SERVICE is good! Staff is professional and lovely at the same time. Waiters are dressed with skirts as per the local use… and two of them lost a lot of time to explain me how to dress a local skirt … which is not easy at all!

Finally, I would go back to Sri Lanka even just for this hotel!!!

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful and detailed review.

I am delighted to read your comments about our friendly associates, cozy rooms, and the culinary experience which you have described as the best. Thank you for your recommendations and we are looking forward to welcoming you back, hopefully soon.

Wish you a great day.

Reviewed November 11, 2015

My wife and I stayed here for two nights on our honeymoon. There are a lot of rooms but you're not too far from the restaurant and pool. It was a buffet for each meal and the choices were great. There are many curry options but also the Western foods as well. We had a slow wifi connection in our room (free).

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
Murfad S, Resident Manager at Cinnamon Lodge Habarana, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2015

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor with regards to your recent stay with us.

We are pleased to learn that we were able to make you feel at home, and contributed to making your vacation amazing especially the culinary experience.

We Look forward to your next visit .

Wish you a great day .