We stayed at the Chaya Village for 3 nights in September 2007. We found the hotel staff very welcoming and helpful from start to finish.
The accommodation is bungalow style. The rooms are spacious and nicely furnished with a good sized bathroom and a small terrace. There is a reasonable sized swimming pool, overlooking the lake. This sometimes attracts the local monkeys who come to drink at the edge, which provides a fascinating sight.
The food at the hotel is buffet style and we couldn't fault it. There was an excellent range of Singalese and western style dishes at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Drinks -including imported wines & spirits - were inexpensive. Lion beer is recommended!
The hotel has extensive gardens which run alongside the lake. There are paths around the lake - you can walk these or ride on the back of an elephant.
This is a excellent base for visiting the Cultural Triangle and we would highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Habarana Village by Cinnamon lies sprawled across 27 acres of luxuriant land bordering a stunning lake of Habarana. The hotel's cozy cottages, inspired by the typical thatched roof huts found locally, lie in clusters with low roofs and brownish yellow exteriors. Habarana Village by Cinnamon boasts of 94 Superior Rooms, 12 Deluxe Rooms and 2 Suites set in the middle of thousands of high-rise trees that provide fruit, medicinal properties and plenty of shade. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Habarana Village by Cinnamon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Village Habarana Hotel Habarana
- Chaaya Village Hotel Habarana
- Chaaya Village Resort Habarana