“A great relax after a long hot drive -But incorrect photo!”

Habarana Ayurvedic Spa
Ranked #7 of 19 things to do in Habarana
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Taken by our driver after we had been scrubbing elephants in the river near by (cost of this 2-300 for the privilege of taking some photos which I was ok with)
Agree with other reviewers that the picture of the building is not of the spa but the 2interior ones certainly are. Not 5star but appeared clean . Lockers with locks supplied and straight into it .price 4000 for 1 hour massage head to foot back and front with oils. Wonderful experience for use both
. The 15 minute cook in the wooden steam baths and another 10-15minutes in a spice sauna then final wipe down and away to rest!
Good experience but reasonably basic set up in the rooms

1  Thank Nigel B
There are newer reviews for Habarana Ayurvedic Spa

Reviewed January 5, 2014

For sure the photo is not where I went but from all accounts it's the place in the little downtown that I went to. $75 for the 3 step treatment. Was good value. Step one for my was the hit oil dripped on the "third eye" to open it on your forehead. Second was an awesome oil massage. And their was a steam bath in a coffin like box with your head sticking out. I would do it again but skip the head oil.

2  Thank Muskoka21
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The current profile picture on the thumbnail is certainly not of this spa and gives a false impression of an upmarket spa. We have not patronized this business during peak tourist season so "bedan"'s experience is not something I can relate to. However it is possible this could be noisy during the bustling tourist season in the area where all hotels are booked to capacity. I do not take issue with this possibility due to the fair price one pays for the 2-hour massage that includes steam and sauna.

With a value herbal massage for two hours loaded with a steam and sauna experience one cannot go wrong here. There is some order in this spa with the proprietor living within the compound and an Ayurveda doctor on duty full-time. The staff are very pleased with the proprietor who retired from the travel industry to provide you this experience. They revealed he pays on time and takes care of them.

This spa is geared for handling capacity. The major hotels in the area send customers here. This must tell you they have got some things right here. Their policy is clear - masseurs for male clients and masseuses if you are female, do not be disappointed! The bathrooms are basic and could be better, although clean. My masseur ensured my safety after the steam bed experience and insisted I remain seated for a few minutes before walking back to the room for the remaining massage. When I did walk he held me to ensure safety as one could feel light-headed after sweating body fluids.

In order to avoid disappointments I would advise you to communicate clearly with your hotel/guide. I would not book this through the driver. Feel free to contact me if you require advise as it is impossible to be specific to your anticipated situation if you were a tourist.

Evenings are peak hours here so mornings could be your option for a peaceful massage. They can drop you back at your hotel in their tuk tuk so this is convenient. My massage was from 7-9 PM so this was appreciated! I do not advise you walk on this road after 7 PM due to possible elephant surprise and its loneliness.

All things considered, I highly recommend this spa. Try to experience it frequently to fully benefit from ayurveda. Enjoy!

3  Thank Vonfidel
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Visited this spa in late July 2013. Short distance from the hotel. The place was quiet as there was just one client when I visited because it was low season for tourism in Sri Lanka. The place is clean and the massage good but could have been better. The 20-minute steambath session inside a wooden capsule in which I was made to lay on a bed covered by margosa leaves was a totally different experience. The cost at US$30 for the service was reasonable.

1  Thank Dyrusa
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This SPA was like a Factory. Very bussy and Noise. Not a relaxing Place.
Massage donne in a Hurry behause there was to many Other tourists there. Only 30 min and some Steambath for 4500 Rupien is a ripp Off.
We forgott The ASK The Price befor. Other Places they do Massage for 3000-3500 Rupien

If you like Good Massage dont go there. You will find Other Good Places around sigriya.

...................................................................................................

1  Thank Daniel T