“A very special experience!”

Minneriya National Park
$37.00*
Private Tour: The Great Elephant Gathering Safari in Minneriya
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Habarana
Reviewed March 10, 2014

As a life-long fan of elephants I was hoping this would be a highlight of our trip to Sri Lanka and I wasn't disappointed! truly spectacular to see so many wild elephants together in the one area. Some other great wildlife in the park too.

1  Thank cardle
There are newer reviews for Minneriya National Park

Reviewed March 9, 2014

What a fabulous, late afternoon sight ... A herd of 84 wild elephants grazing at the water's edge ... Up close ... What a memory to take back home!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

After staying in the local Chaaya Village, I visited the National Park with my wife. The tour guide was really good and the wildlife here is amazing. Birds galore, elephants, water buffalo, wild boar...the only thing we missed was the leopards.

1  Thank Muscat_Paul
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great outing. While staying in Polonnaruwa, we took advantage of the opportunity to visit the park. Our hotel, Seyara Tourist Rest, arranged a great jeep driver to pick us up at the hotel. Took us on a scenic drive to the park. Picked up a guide at the ticket office - he was great - really good at spotting animals. One of my 'must-do' things on my visit to Sri Lanka was to see wild elephants and I was not disappointed here. We were much closer to the animals than I believed we would be and they did not appear at all stressed. We also saw numerous birds, a jackal, wild boar, crocodiles and of course, lots of monkeys.
Money well spent!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Amazing place. Loved the adventure going in jeep safari almost 20 min. through trees to reach to the open location were you can see hundreeds of elephants.
Big lake with many birds. We saw one peacock and one crocodile.
Beautiful weather. You have to have your camera to attest your visit.
No more animals to see.