“Mother's Day Lunch”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Mother's Day Lunch”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

My 2 sisters, Mum and I were treated to a girls day out at Peats Bite. What a treat it was! Excellent food with unusual but absolutely amazing cobinations of food. We had the degustation meal which contained about 12 courses all up. I couldn't fault any of the meals. They eere all cooked superbly! The staff make you feel at home and cater for all your needs. The entertainment wss great and moved along with the mood throughout the lunch. I was not aware of this secret little gem on the Hawkesbury but now I have experienced it once I will definitely be going back there again! Thankyou for such an overwhelming experience with excellent hospitality and service!!!!!

Sydney
“A true gem”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I was actually the very first customer at this restaurant and, because we had a cruiser on the Hawkesbury River back then, dined there often. We went again a few months back and saw how Tammy, Tanya and Geoff had kept the décor and menu moving with the times. Excellent food, interesting wines, fabulous staff and, regardless of the weather, simply stunning views. This is one of Sydney rarest gems.

• Visited November 2013
Cheshire
“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We had one of the most memorable afternoons here, celebrating a friend's birthday. Amazing location, tropical gardens, gorgeous food, a very inviting small swimming pool and stunning views. The boat trip from kangaroo point is a treat, on arrival we were welcomed with cocktails from a friendly waiter and shown to our table. The atmosphere is relaxed, we kicked off our shoes had a wander around, chatted to some other guests. We had the degustation menu which was about 8 courses, all divine and came at perfectly spaced intervals, amazing flavour combinations and enough for everyone, plenty of chilled table water which was topped up all day.

I really can't fault it, the music was fun & light-hearted again at intervals and the owner Tammy can sing incredibly well.

If you're looking for perfectly ironed table linen, stuffy waiters and poncy food, then don't go here. Its fun, relaxed, beautiful and friendly. Can't wait to go again with my husband!

Thanks Tanya & Geoff - we'll be back!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Angelica_999
The Entrance, Australia
“Great cabaret”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

What a fantastic spot for a lazy family afternoon. We managed to get in on Australia day weekend and we felt very welcome from the moment we arrived.
As 6 poms arriving on a rented houseboat I was a little worried when I saw a line of immaculate Riviera 56's moored up outside. In the UK this would have been the cue for a load of cravats, thousand dollar sunglasses and stockmarket talk. I doubt anyone would have said one word to us.
However I needn't have been concerned - the atmosphere was fantastic, inclusive and we hardly saw the kids except for when their food arrived. Pets Bite offers an afternoons entertainment, not just a meal, and we found this worked well. The hostess was warm and friendly, and the volume of the singing was fine where we were sitting. There were 2 large groups but we didn't feel excluded and our food arrived in good time.
The food was well presented, fresh and varied. My favourite was the beef fillet. The wine list was not overpriced and the kids were happy with their fish. As previous reviewers have said this isn't a cheap day out but we felt that it was still good value.
We wont forget this afternoon in a hurry and will be back, hopefully in our own boat next time ( I wish)

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank markdruid
Sydney, Australia
“Less cabaret please.”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Travelled on a warm sunny Sunday. Punch on arrival and nice benched tables set under awnings to keep the sun off. Food began in earnest and was solid all the way through, I particularly enjoyed the middle courses of chicken terrine followed by BBQ ribs. Mains were small and thoughtful: salmon and beef fillet, however the longer the day progressed the slower the service became, to the point where we were getting sore bums waiting for the next course to come through. This spacing may give you more time to digest, but 5 hours of eating and drinking makes for a lot of tired and slightly wilted people.
I agree with the previous reviewer, that the entertainment was somewhat at odds with the setting. It began as light guitar music and singing, but progressed in the later afternoon to an almost karaoke-style family cabaret, several of the operators getting a go on the mic and one of the kids having a birthday cake/song in the middle of our meal. I’m all for a family-oriented experience, but after 4 hours I’d had more than enough of the jolly old lassie pumping out “Suspicious Minds” and mincing up “Rawhide”, much to her own pleasure. Not that the folks couldn’t sing, but just they started to do so with some gusto, to the point where we found ourselves almost having to shout our table conversations, to elevate them above the family shindig.
In summary: food was good, courses varied and well received at our table. Service was initially very good and then progressively slower. It certainly was a 5-hour lunch and this starts to take its toll on a warm day. Entertainment started out as it should have finished – light background guitar, but unfortunately it ramped up into twee karaoke, where I felt like an intruder at a family birthday party, Granny and Aunty Lynn having cracked one too many bottles and funnelling their blurry energy into the loud speakers.

• Visited February 2014