“Not as good as the first time”
Review of Peats Bite

Peats Bite
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Derby, United Kingdom
“Not as good as the first time”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

There is a saying that you shouldnt go back to a place and try to have the same experience.

This was our second time we visted - the first we did it in style with a Sea Plane, this time we drove the hour out of Sydney and got the boat from Kangaroo Point near Broklyn.

First Tip; dont go on a sunday when there is going to be a public holiday the next day.

The venue was busy twice or three times the number of people from when we first visited.

My advice is - its too busy and they cant cope with the numbers. I know it should be relaxed and a chilled meal but having to wait 1 hour plus between the courses was rediculous.

Tanya - you really needed more staff and make sure the food comes out hot or together..

Second; when you are not native to the area you need better directions to punch into the GPS to find the private whalf.

Lastly; when I booked I asked fro a table in the gardens - we were told "no worries", that didnt happen when we arrived we were terrace next to the kitchen. Tip confirm where your table is going to be.

So although we wanted this to be as special as the first time we went - it wasnt. The number were to high and not enough staff.

Its still a fantasic spot and I respect there is a contradiction in what I am saying - but the owners cant just rest on their laurels and peoples memories........Hey ho

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Jaktam

Derby, United Kingdom
“A perfect Gem”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had to think twice about writing this review. If I like many other Tripadvisor folk read good reviews then people, tourists will go there, perhaps even flock there and then the little Gem would be spoilt.

Then I had a moral wake up call and decided to write my review.

The place can only be got to by either Sea Plane or boat but the owners provide a pickup from the Pacific Highway.

We arrived on Sunday Lunch by sea plane and from the moment we stepped off the jetty everything and I mean everything was perfect.

My wife and I took our neice as a treat for showing us the highlights of Sydney and the food was the best that I had eaten in Australia. Each course was presented informally but cooked to absolute perfection and to top it all to accompanyment of a Willie Nelson sound-a-like. I could not fault anything that the owners are doing.............just keep doing the same.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank Jaktam
Sydney, Australia
“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband surprised me with this hidden gem. The location was amazing and the food was perfect. A set menu of tasting plates that are amazing. The live cafe music and the service could not be better. I will definately be back.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Michele176210
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food amazing , service A class, had the best time ever .”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

First time and won't be the last . Welcomed by friendly Staff when arrived and sat down to the most beautiful dishes We have ever tasted .Our waitress a gorgous looking tanned blonde who was very friendly and always at our service. Entertainment was great. We had the best day and can't wait to go back . Thankyou Pete's Bite for a unforgettable Day .

1 Thank Teragile
Westcliff-on-Sea, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I couldn't ask for a better experience.”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Lets get this straight, I'm a foody. I love everything about food. A restaurant for me is all about the food with atmosphere and setting falling into 2nd and 3rd place. Peats bite changed that for me. The food and one was amazing and when the worst thing to hit my plate was a hunk of delicious beef that was just ever so slightly over cooked, you know that the food was amazing. What I loved most was the setting and the atmosphere. Tammy and her daughter, Tanya have an excellent way if making you feel like you have gate crashed a family get together, from the two of them taking turns to sing (very well as well, not an embarrassing auntie style sing a long) to them chatting to you like it's your tenth visit rather than the first. A restaurant that doesn't advertise and relys solely on word of mouth is always going to be great! Overall, this is close to the best experience I have had in a restaurant! I'm already planning my return visit.