“authentic and good value”

Restaurante Bar Sardina
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurang Sardina Alhaurin el Grande Spain
Ireland
“authentic and good value”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Dined here a few times and think it's an authentic local Spanish eaterie.

There's usually sport on the TV and plenty of locals at the front bar. This week we ate in the restaurant area at the back. TV sport on this occasion was evening football with local club Malaga playing somebody. Bar full of locals shouting on their team n we were the only diners in the restaurant.

We both had fixed 2 course menu at 19 Euro each. Lobster salad to start - very nice, plenty of lobster mixed with mayonaise on a bed of lettuce. Then sea bass for mains - 2 nice fillets each :-) with chips n veggies. Strangely, for a 2 course menu, the dessert was included but we had coffees instead.

Service was efficient and reasonably pleasant.

No complaints. Good quality food nicely cooked and presented,

• Visited April 2013

Malaga, Spain
“The real Spain”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

A typical Spanish bar/restaurant. The tapas are excellent as is the food. Excellent menu and staff very helpful. in the dining room, there is more atmosphere.One not to miss. Eat in the bar our outside, not

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Roger M
Whitley Bay
“Good - but could do better”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Lovely place in the centre of town. We booked a table on the night of the festival for Assumption. As such the street surrounding were very busy. Our timing was poor as the procession started as we ordered our meal. I feel that this delayed service as chef and others were outside watching the event!
Waitress was helpful if not a little abrupt - get the feeling she needs a new challenge.
Menu was extensive and I felt slightly cheaper than similar establishments.
Food was average for that of Alhurain and meats were not of the quality I would expect.
Restaurant did get very busy and very popular with the Spanish on this evening.
So, nothing overly bad, just could be a little better.

Visited August 2012
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Love it”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We have been eating at this place for several years now. It's great food and good value. Excellent for families. Visited again this week and they did not disappoint. The tapas is very good.

• Visited August 2012
conwy
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

It was my mission having eaten here on the 10th of August to write a suitable review when I got home. Could not believe what i was reading, was this the same resurant?
Staff were so attentive they sorted out a table for 6 before we asked, the waitress was a godsend, suggesting we didnt need 2 starters, one was more than big enough to share! Was quite happy when I found out there was veal on the menu and I changed my mind. I even asked for it to be cooked a bit more, no problem. My husbands leg of lamb was enourmas, my ddaughters curry lovely, the fillet steak divine and the pork and beef kebabs were more than enough for the recipients. I only wish we had found the resturant on the first and not the last night of our holidays. Only downside is that we gave up on our daughters pancake as it was so late.

• Visited August 2012