“Absolutely incredible!!!!!”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Caravane de Reve

our team! Our desert camp in Erg l'Houdi
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
our team!
Our desert camp in Erg l'Houdi
Our Office in M'Hamid
At night in Erg l'Houdi
Oone of our sleeping tents
one of the sleeping Tents inside
Having a snack, Harira - the Moroccan Soup - Yummy!
Unforgetable nights with Nomade music and bondfire
need some shade?
Camp at Chegaga
Camel ride in Chegaga
The big restaurant tent
Having fun in the 'Big Sand'!
Just beautyfull
always delicious food!
our camp from the distance
off-road adventure
:-)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

kelseyrae...
Calgary, Canada
“Absolutely incredible!!!!!”
Reviewed September 26, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Most incredible trip I have been on to date!! As a seasoned traveller I have been to a lot of places in the world, and Morocco stands out as one of my all time favourites. This is largely thanks to Ali and his team at Caravane de Reve. Recommended by a friend who had travelled with Ali in the past, my friend and I spent two weeks travelling around Morocco with him and members of his team. I was beyond impressed with every riad, hotel, activity, restaurant and guide that was chosen for us. The food was incredible and I have never felt more safe and cared for...especially when the heat and sun became too much, Ali always managed to find us a pool to cool off in! As a significant stand out on our trip was the time we spent in the desert at Caravane de Reve's camp at Erg lihoudi. The atmosphere of the camp is like nothing else. We played drums and danced, drank so much delicious mint tea, ate incredible tagine, went off roading and rode camels through the dunes. As well, the experience of sleeping in the dunes under a blanket of stars is beyond indescribable. I wish we had been able to spend so much more time there. Overall, Ali and Caravane de Reve made my Moroccan experience one I will not soon forget, and I can not wait to go back again! :)

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
Sep 27, 2016
Hi, thank you very much for your review, and we are all happy that you enjoyed the time with us!
Take care and have a good time until we - icnchallah- will see again in Morocco!
All the best Monika
Laura M
Volketswil, Switzerland
“Amazing desert trip”
Reviewed April 11, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

This was the best trip I could imagine! We drove into the desert camp with the car, there you can book a cameltour extra. Ali and his team is very friendly and communicative. The booking with Monika per email was very easy. We reserved a few days befor...

The camp is very well equipped, more than one blanket per person and a normal bed. We had our own tent for two person because of the low seaon (we did not book that). There was always fresh and local food cooked by a berber. Toilets available.

There is a lot to explore in the desert (exept cameltrip everything included): sand snowboarding, walking through the dunes, music at the fire in the evening, star watching, visiting an oasis.

The camp is placed on the other side of the dunes than all other camps so you will not hear or see anyone else! Enjoy the silence of the desert!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Albrecht...
Barcelona, Spain
“Fantastic days in the desert with best guides”
Reviewed April 3, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

We spend 3 days in the desert with Caravane de Reves. The experience itself was great and the guides, cooks and drivers treated us and especially the kids so well that we felt like at home. Food was delicious and the guides were very knowledgable about the desert and we learned a lot about local customs and culture.

Traveling group: Family with Young Children
Apr 4, 2016
Hi Albrecht,
we are all glad that you and your family enjoyed the time in the Sahara and with our team!
Many thanks Monika
LPlanetee...
Arlington, Virginia
“It's truly the caravan of dreams.”
Reviewed February 23, 2016 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

I had the incredible opportunity of visiting M'Hamid and joining a wonderfully hospitable crew to spend the new years in the Sahara. I requested to book at a time when it was peak season and wasn't sure if we'd be able to make our journey with Caravan de Reve. But Monika responded to my email within hours and the arrangement was quick an easy.

There are many folks out in M'Hamid who'd be eager to sign you up for an excursion, but your experience will vary quite a bit depending on who you choose to travel with. I'm glad that we went with Caravan de Reve. From the very moment we set foot at the office in M'Hamid and met Ali, I knew that me & my brother were going to have a great adventure.

We started with a fantastic meal at the hosts' family home and took the camels to Erg l'Houdi. The camp was excellent, really great accommodation without taking away from the desert experience. It was the new years eve. The mint tea flowed, we gathered on the sand and started to get to know the crew & fellow travelers. A delicious dinner followed and afterwards we enjoyed the music by the fire. My brother and I took a walk in the dunes and it felt so surreal.

Next day we took an SUV to Erg Chigaga. We stopped on the way to admire the beautiful desert. The camp at Chigaga was absolutely gorgeous and the dunes much taller. The group only stayed until the afternoon only us and one of the crew members remained. In the early afternoon me & my brother ventured far into the dunes. We walked for hours. I can't describe how amazing that feeling was, knowing that we're many many miles away from everything, and all that was before us was mighty Sahara.

Around dusk our fellow crew was worried & we found him looking for us, we assured him that we were just wandering around. Then it was evening & the stars came out. It's easy to forget how amazing the night sky can be, and there at Erg Chigaga, you can see the milky way like no other place, and all the stars. Again we were treated with absolutely amazing dinner and sat by the fire in the quiet, drinking tea.

Next morning we were taken back to M'Hamid in an SUV, the experience from the previous days had rushed by so fast. We thanked the hosts at the office and started back to Marrakech.

Ali, his brother, rest of the hosts & Monika - thank you for a memory that us brothers will remember fondly. It was an adventure that I'd like to go on again soon.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Feb 24, 2016
Thank you very nuch, and we are happy that you enjoyed you stay with us!
Hope to see you agan int the Sahara!
All the best Monika and all the Team of Caravane de Rève
Arto H
Southern Finland, Finland
“Great”
Reviewed October 11, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

I did 8 day trek with them from M'hamid to Foum Zguid with guide and two dromedars. Experience was fabulous and I got to see extremely versatile Sahara and some real nomad life with no tourist crap (because of the reality I wouldn't recommend this for spoiled little princes/princesses.)
Saying that the guide was professional doesn't honor him enough, because he was natural born nomad so he actually lives that life. (he didn't speak english, but for me it suited well).
They picked me up from Marrakesh day before the starting of the trek (for extra money of course) so everything was very fluent and easy.
I had payed 10 days in advance for them and only used 8 days so they refunded me as promised.

Arto from Finland

Liked best: Reality
Traveling group: Solo
579kirill...
Moscow, Russia
“Perfect vacation in Sahara”
Reviewed August 30, 2015 for a stay in August 2014

Me and my friends has a wonderful days in Sahara with a trip with Ali and his friends.
Ali provide to us a perfect service with a starry night in the desert. After that we have a good trip across Marocco. He is a good man and i still remember his relationship for us (not like tourists, like his friends) very well.

Emma B
“Amazing trip with the best driver and guide!”
Reviewed August 1, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I had the pleasure of going on one of MTM's "Expirience Morocco" tours and I absolutely loved it! We picked the adventure tour from Marrakech 1 which was 3 days and 2 nights. The tour was filled with interesting spots to visit, but best of all was our driver Ali and guide Samir who made it an absolute amazing trip! The food and the desert camps we stayed at were also very good and I would definetley recommend the trip to a friend!

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing