“Prosciutto, truffles, pasta making” 5 of 5 bubbles

Life Italian Style
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Cannara
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Horseback riding & winery tours, cooking classes, cycling in the countryside, local farm tours and personal chef service. Jennifer, a professional chef for over 15 years leads fun excursions for travelers to Umbria, all from an eno-gastronomical point of view!
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Prosciutto, truffles, pasta making”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

My friend and I recently went to Umbria and Jennifer recommended this wonderful B&B at the Palazzo delle Signorine where we had an amazing stay. We later meet up with Jennifer and had an amazing time visiting farms, eating amazing food, learning so much about the farming in the area and learning about pasta. Jennifer is a wealth of knowledge about the area and she makes everyone feel so comfortable. She also gave a list of amazing places to eat and visit. She made our stay in Umbria amazing and unforgettable.

Visited October 2013
Jennfier M, Owner at Life Italian Style, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thanks so much Quynh! You guys are welcome back any time! :-)

Barrie
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“2nd Time with Jenn.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I had the pleasure of meeting Jenn last year when visiting the area with my daughter. I was so impressed that when we had the opportunity to come again I could not let a visit with Jennifer pass me by. This time, cooking lessons and lunch on the patio. She again was kind enough to pick me and my husband up in Assisi at the train station with another wonderful couple. We cooked, drank and ate and had another amazing experience with Jennifer that we can take home and do again and again. Thanks Jenn and I have every intention of seeing you again when I get the pleasure of coming back to Italy. Ciao.

Visited October 2013
Jennfier M, Owner at Life Italian Style, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thanks so much Lynn - great pics too! :-)
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Drink wine be happy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Recently my wife and I were visiting our son and daughter-in-law in Naples Italy. They told us we must do wine tour at Terre Margaritelli. They were so right!!!!! What an unbelievable experience. Federico gave us a wonderful and informative tour of the vineyard. Jennifer created a fabulous lunch and the wines we tasted were fantastic. We just had to purchase a case of wine. The price was reasonable and the wines awesome!!!!!
If you ant to have fun, eat well, drink great wines and feel like your with family; Terre Margaritelli is a MUST!!!!

Visited October 2013
Jennfier M, Manager at Life Italian Style, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thanks Peter - you have a great family - hope to see you all again soon!
Corte Madera
4 attraction reviews
“Truffle Hunting in Umbria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

While on an extended stay in Umbria, my husband and I, as well as my sister and brother-in-law, had the pleasure of spending a day with Jennifer. The plan was to hunt for truffles, learn a bit about cheese making and have a lunch that included the truffles that were found.

Some last minute changes had to be made when there was an injury that precluded the cheesemaking and the doggies only found one truffle, HOWEVER, this ended up being one of the best days we have spent in this lovely spot.

While we didn't find the truffles that were hoped for, we did find some mushrooms for our pasta. We also saw some amazing mushrooms and had the great pleasure of eating one that looked just like a very large egg! It was delicious!

And, while we couldn't make cheese, we were treated to lunch and winetasting at the winery that Jennifer's husband, Federico, manages. Federico also gave us a tour of the winery and joined us for lunch. It was very interesting to hear him speak of their philosophy of winemaking. The winery is Terre Margaritelli and it's in Torgiano, Umbria. We have ordered some to be shipped to our home and are looking forward to enjoying it there as well.

I would recommend looking up Jennifer to anyone who is planning to spend time in Umbria. She will introduce you to things that you would never find on your own, and you'll feel like you're visiting good friends and family. It was a wonderful day and we'll do something else with her when we return!!

Visited October 2013
Jennfier M, Owner at Life Italian Style, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thanks Leslie - everyday is an adventure here! ;-) See you again soon!
Seattle, Wa
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“3 wonderful experiences orchestrated by Jennifer et al”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

While spending 2 weeks recently in Umbria, we asked Jennifer to cook a dinner for us, organize a bike ride with a picnic, and a horseback ride with a winery tour and luncheon. All 3 events proved to be highlights of our trip. Jennifer, in preparing the dinner, was sensitive to dietary needs/ constraints of various dinner members while preparing a wonderful Umbrian meal for us, using fresh local Ingredients. The bike ride was delightful; the bikes were in great shape and we biked beautiful back roads from Bevagna to Spello and back to Bevagna. Jennifer met up with us near the end of the bike ride, providing us with a picnic luncheon. The last event was a horseback ride through vineyards, a winery tour led by her husband Frederico, and a lunch prepared by Jennifer to compliment the wine tasting in which we took part.
We are so grateful to Jennifer for the quality of all 3 events. While she has only lived in Italy for the last 7 years, she has immersed herself in the Italian culture, Umbrian food, and Italian history. Her husband Frederico, who is Italian, is extremely knowledgeable regarding vineyards, wine making and olive oil production. What an amazing couple!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank irmark
Jennfier M, Owner at Life Italian Style, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thanks so much Mark - you were a wonderful group and I hope to see you all again soon!